Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for having me as a new member. We have recently bought a Yanmar mini tractor 120 type. The second time we started the engine there was a red warning sign. Hope it isn't a big problem and there is someone who can explain this. thanks in advance
tractor warning sign.jpg

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That is a new one on me, is that an AF120?
There is no YM120 or EF120 or a YS120, so it sure seems to be an AF120.
Yes, there is confusion when the prefix letters are not there.

I found an image of an AF120 to match the control gauges.

af120_3.jpg

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thanks for having me as a new member. We have recently bought a Yanmar mini tractor 120 type. The second time we started the engine there was a red warning sign. Hope it isn't a big problem and there is someone who can explain this. thanks in advance
View attachment 64777
Joke.

It's not an easy dash light to figure out. It looks electrical, but the image is a bit blurry or out of focus.

Looking on line, the AF120 seems to be a rather nice CUT machine. It typically comes with an RSB140M tiller.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Joke.

Not sure IF I could explain the problem. I found your User Guide (Operations Manual) with some hard work and digging.

The manual may explain what your trouble with the compact tractor is about.

Enjoy!

BMaverick

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Joke,

I came across this post, I realise you made it some time ago but I think I know the answer to your question. I too have an AF120 and have been piecing together info on it from the limited sources online.

The light is a warning that the brake linkage is installed, or that it recommends that it should be. I think from memory that it only lights up when the high gear range is selected, the warning is designed to stop the operator forgetting that the pedal linkage isn't installed and driving the tractor on the road, and then braking on one side, with presumably disastrous consequences!

As an aside, not sure if it is useful but I ran a Google Translate on the Japanese language manuals that I found, it makes for amusing reading but does offer some insight into the workings of the machine. If yours is anything like mine it has a lot of mysterious switches which took some research/guesswork to understand. PM if you're interested and I'll send you a copy.

Cheers

George

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hi Joke,

I came across this post, I realise you made it some time ago but I think I know the answer to your question. I too have an AF120 and have been piecing together info on it from the limited sources online.

The light is a warning that the brake linkage is installed, or that it recommends that it should be. I think from memory that it only lights up when the high gear range is selected, the warning is designed to stop the operator forgetting that the pedal linkage isn't installed and driving the tractor on the road, and then braking on one side, with presumably disastrous consequences!

As an aside, not sure if it is useful but I ran a Google Translate on the Japanese language manuals that I found, it makes for amusing reading but does offer some insight into the workings of the machine. If yours is anything like mine it has a lot of mysterious switches which took some research/guesswork to understand. PM if you're interested and I'll send you a copy.

Cheers

George
George,

I know I would be interested. I'll give you a PM now. :)

BMaverick

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts