Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Is there some sort of an enabler that would allow me to install sql server 7.0 on a windows 2000 pc? i do not want to install the client but the actual sql server. We are looking to do this so a sales person cvan demo an application remotely that requires sql server to run...

Is there such an enabler?

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Sure can, my Engineers have it installed on all their systems. The important thing is to use the right CD's. Let me verify which CD to use and get back to you via this thread later today.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tis, i was told we would nreed to install developers edition. but i have no idea if that would let a sales person run the app.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
There used to be "Developer" Editions and there used to be Workstation Edition... not positive if they are still around. Basically, if you have a SQL Server 7.0 CD and it does NOT say Enterprise, it will install on 2000. The Enterprise CD requires the 2000 installation to be a "Server".

I'm also a database geek (oracle, sybase, sqlserver, db2), so if you have problems or need help... let me know.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tis, we have backoffice server 4.5 with sql server 7.0 But i think i found a link indicating i could install the desktop edition from this software.. thats even better than having to buy a desktop edition..

The command:
D:\sql70\x86\setup\setupsql k=Dk

the link

I may be bugging you later on...
thanks again
jp

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts