Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Joke, I bid $4.25 for a Bolens LT8. I was going to give it to him, but Bontai Joe says it's not worth his while to pick it up.

It has good sheet metal, and would make a good sixth tractor or parts machine. Includes a used 8HP B&S engine. Anybody want it for free? All I want in return is a thanks.

Free Bolens Tractor

Tell them Jim sent you.... and post here if you want it, so two guys don't take the time driving in to get it!

You'll have to wait a couplle of days until I get the Money order to them! Then pick it up in Seven Valleys Pennsylvania

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Jim
Don't worry! It says the seller will deliver for $2/mile. Let's see Seven Valleys, Pa to Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia.......:lmao:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump!

Anybody want it?

Nobody in Pennsylvania wants a free broken down tractor?

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Oh Heck, I'd be happy to go get it and I do indeed thank you for your sense of humor and a free tractor.:thumbsup: Let me know what I need to tell the guy when I go pick it up.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bontai Joe
Oh Heck, I'd be happy to go get it and I do indeed thank you for your sense of humor and a free tractor.:thumbsup: Let me know what I need to tell the guy when I go pick it up.
you're looking for Gary McGrew at Mcgrew Equipment. It's paid for :D Just tell him I hampshire6 sent you. I'll PM you his email and you can confirm when you'll get it.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Alright you found a home for it:cheers: If it would have been down here i would have took it. But alast Pennsylvania is just to far for me:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by jodyand
Alright you found a home for it:cheers: If it would have been down here i would have took it. But alast Pennsylvania is just to far for me:D
Me too!

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Thanks Jim! I'll keep you posted as to what I find when I get it and how "restorable" it is. Might have to wait a couple of weekends before I can get down there. My girls have "girl stuff" that I somehow got signed up to participate in this weekend and next one as well. Something about a bride's maid dress and shoes, should take ALL weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
LT8 followed me home!

I went down Saturday (Nov. 20) to McGrew equip. in beautiful Seven Valleys, PA to pick up the Bolen LT8 that Jim thoughtfully got for me. It is in decent condition, very little rust on the tin, engine is free and spins, even the seat is in good condition. The tires are toasted, not even slime will save them. It took me 2 1/2 hours to drive down. The folks there are very nice! It looks like they auction stuff at their place on a regular basis, as they have a newly constructed addition on their barn to hold the auctions in. Their lot is about 3 acres, and was reasonably empty, indicating to me that they may have just had an auction. This tractor is going to be stored in my mom's shed for the time being, and will get a closer look come this spring.

If I can get the engine running, it will become my tractor show transportation, allowing me to spare my bad back and knees while wandering around tractor shows for hours at a time.

Thanks Jim! It looks like something worth fixing, if I can do it cheap, otherwise it can be used for parts for other projects.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: LT8 followed me home!

Originally posted by bontai Joe
I went down Saturday (Nov. 20) to McGrew equip. in beautiful Seven Valleys, PA to pick up the Bolen LT8 that Jim thoughtfully got for me. It is in decent condition, very little rust on the tin, engine is free and spins, even the seat is in good condition. The tires are toasted, not even slime will save them. It took me 2 1/2 hours to drive down. The folks there are very nice! It looks like they auction stuff at their place on a regular basis, as they have a newly constructed addition on their barn to hold the auctions in. Their lot is about 3 acres, and was reasonably empty, indicating to me that they may have just had an auction. This tractor is going to be stored in my mom's shed for the time being, and will get a closer look come this spring.

If I can get the engine running, it will become my tractor show transportation, allowing me to spare my bad back and knees while wandering around tractor shows for hours at a time.

Thanks Jim! It looks like something worth fixing, if I can do it cheap, otherwise it can be used for parts for other projects.
You are very welcome. It just seemed that all your work digging up shows and sales and items on ebay deserved a reward! Enjoy it in good health!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts