Tractor Forum banner

W.W. Grainger (Troy-Bilt tomahawk) chipper parts

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bontai Joe 
#1 ·
I have a W.W. Grainger Tomahawk wood chipper that I bought from Troy-Bilt around 1980 in one of their marketing experiments. Troy-Bilt started selling the same model the next year with red paint (mine is green) and the Troy-Bilt name all over it. It is a fantastic machine but now 23 years later, I need parts. Engine parts I can get anywhere, it's the chipper blade and shredder knives that I need and don't really know where to get. Since W.W. Grainger was bought by Troy-Bilt and then Troy-Bilt was aquired by MTD, is MTD my source for parts? The current MTD line shows nothing like what I own, but I know that Troy-Bilt sold similar models to mine for several years. Is any part of Troy-Bilt separate from MTD? Does anyone know if W.W. Grainger still exists? Many thanks for any info you can give me!

Joe

#5 ·
I'm curious too, as I had responded to one of them and my responce is gone also. Maybe the electrons leaked out on the floor under Andy's computer:D

#6 ·
Chipper parts

I'm still looking for the manual to get the part #s. I'll post 'em when I get 'em. Thanks all for the suggestions!:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.