Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the third time I will try to post on the forum. May be last for a while unless someone can enlighten me. Yesterday I got a pop-up saying I have a virus named Trojan Horse Downloader. I ran a scan and it came up with 9 versions. I fixed 6, but the other three can't be fixed. They are DOWNLOADER.LSTBAR.AX, STUBBY.A, and DYFICA.H.. This morning I have BACKDOOR.VB.9.N, and BACKDOOR.AG. The Backdoor destroyed my brothers computer last week and he had to buy a new one. I'm still working on it, but don't know if it will survive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Why can't they be fixed? My little free AVG antivirus has never failed to quarintine a virus when the big name virus detectors couldn't. If you don't have it ,do a search for AVG and download it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My AVG detector is the one that caught it, but it also said those 3 couldn't be removed or fixed. It also caught the backdoor, but I think AVG fixed that one. I think the 3 I have is too new to have a fix yet. I'm still working on it though. Right now the only way I can get out of this forum, is to click on ctrl-alt-delete, and end program. The X at the top don't do anything. I can't even pull most sites up now, and when they come up, I have to use the ctrl-alt-delete. If all else fails I can use the 2 recovery disk and make it just like when I bought it. I would have to reload everything again then. Oh well, nobody said life was going to be easy. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:lmao: Well My Web-Tv box might be lacking a lot of privilages that you guys-n-gals with P.Cs. can get but then again I dont have to worry about viruses because it is immune to getting them.

NANA

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I use Norton 2003 i have not had any viruse infect my computer the Norton has stop them all. I do a live update everyday so i guess thats what helps mine.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
There are so many ways that you can get infected, hard to say. THere are some cases where it can't clean specific system files and you need to re-apply a service pack or fresh'in the install.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by tisenberg
Speaking of virus'es, I hate when my computer sneezes, it's just messy.
My old computer used to get the Hiccups all the time. :smiles: Thats why i bought a new one last year.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Did you try and remove them while in "safemode?" I'm sure you tried this, but maybe not? Start your comp. in safemode and find the file and delete it....

Good luck!

Duc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts