Vintage Craftsman loader

Discussion in 'Craftsman / Sears' started by Scott Nelson, Nov 13, 2004.

1. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    I found ann old craftsman loader for $200.00 the other day. It seems to be complete. I wondered who made these for Craftsman. Johnson? Any older Craftsman experts out there? The loader appears to be late 60's or early 70's.

2. aegt5000

aegt5000 New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Scott...
    How about a picture of the loader.

3. PaulB2868

PaulB2868 New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Kwik Way Manufacturing made front end loaders for Sears Garden Tractors. Here is there website:

http://www.kwmanufacturing.com/

They don't make units for Sears anymore. Check out their forum if you want to add your name to list of people who still want one.

4. bontai Joe

bontai Joe Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    The pics are real. These little guys will do some serious work, although slower than your tractor. I've seen several 10-14 HP tractors set up with loaders over the years. Even if it will only scoop 200 pounds, that is a LOT easier than shoveling.

5. Sergeant

Sergeant Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    kwick-way loaders

I have one of those Kwick-way loader on My 1999 White GT2055 The Kwick-way loader cycles faster than My 45 loader on my JDX485. Kwick-way makes a quality product They are the oem for Simplicity Legacy and Legacy XL models loader's and Backhoe's.

6. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Sorry, no pics.

I found it at a local used tractor dealer. He's kinda a wheeler-dealer if you know what I mean. The loader looks rough, but I've discovered sandblasting in the last year and 'rough' metal is what I look for any more. Sometimes the 'rougher' the better. The bucket is in need of some repair, if memory serves me and I know the hoses are toast. I have a John Deere 140 and thought I might put it on that. JD used the Johnson loaders, originally, though. Still much better that a shovel. Anybody got an idea of what a fair price is? I didn't think $200.00 sounded too bad. I figure it would take another 200 to fix it.

7. Ingersoll444

Ingersoll444 Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2003
    $200 for any GT loader in ANY shape is a good deal. They seem to come up for sale rairly, and for quite a bit over a grand. For $200 grab it and run.

8. balmoralboy

balmoralboy New Member

May 22, 2004
    Re: kwick-way loaders

Round Numbers, what are they worth?

9. PaulB2868

PaulB2868 New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    You can build your own FEL for about $1200 if you can cut and weld. Here is the website for the prints.

http://www.p.f.engineering.50megs.com/

If you have to buy a new FEL, they cost $2000-$4000 depending on the manufacturer and design.

The unit you found was probably made by Kwik Way Manufacturing.

http://www.kwmanufacturing.com/

They made Sears loaders for Sears Catalog sales. I don't know the original price, but it is probably greater than $2000. KW makes a very nice unit.

10. Sergeant

Sergeant Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    Balmoralboy a kwick-way loader new is about $2,500 for most models and manufactures that they produce for. The Kwik-way loader for The LegacyXL is about $3,000. My kwik-way loader for My white was $2,500 new with a 40inch bucket.

11. balmoralboy

balmoralboy New Member

May 22, 2004
    thanks, Sargeant

Gives me something more to think about for when I finally do buy a new machine.