Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding my international 674 diesel and i am looking for the following torque settings , the cylinder head, main bearing bolts , conrod ends and balancer bolts . I have got the following settings 100 ft/lbs for the main bearing, 90 ft / lbs for the cylinder head and 45 ft lbs for the big end (conrod) bolts and no torque for the bolts holding the balancer.
any help appreciated. regards Vincent.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I copied the attached post from the SSB tractor forum:

"The manual that I have shows the 674 with both Petrol and Diesel motors available.
Petrol Motor is a IH 200 cubic inch with bore and stroke of 3-3/16 x 4-25/64
Cylinder head torque is 90 ft.-lbs
Conrod bolt torque is- PLACE BOLT* 50 ft.-lbs and PITCH bolt 45 ft.-lbs
*PLACE bolts have a head that is either notched or concaveand shank and thread diameter are nearly the same.
*PITCH bolts have standard heads and the thread dia. is larger than the shank.
Main Brg bolt torque is 75 - 85 ft.-lbs
Inlet and Exhaust Valve gap : 0.027" (warm)

The Diesel motor is 293 cubic inch with a bore and stroke of 3.875" x 5.06".
Cylinder Head torque is 90 ft.-lbs
Conrod nuts torque is- 61 ft.-lbs
Main Brg bolt torque is:
Necked down bolts marked 10.9K = 80 ft.-lbs
Necked down bolts marked 12.9K = 97 ft.-lbs
Pitch Diameter bolts marked 10.9K = 105 ft.-lbs
Pitch Diameter bolts marked 12.9K = 141 ft.-lbs
Inlet valves : 0.010" (warm)
Exhaust valves : 0.012" (warm)"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all that information, I needed it all but I have another problem i had to put in another crankshaft in and there is only one punch mark on the crankshaft gear for timing the balancer I don't know which side of the punch mark to put the balancer gear marked tooth, any suggestions on how to time the balancer with only one punch mark on the crankshaft gear.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Thanks for all that information, I needed it all but I have another problem i had to put in another crankshaft in and there is only one punch mark on the crankshaft gear for timing the balancer I don't know which side of the punch mark to put the balancer gear marked tooth, any suggestions on how to time the balancer with only one punch mark on the crankshaft gear.
Unfortunately, I can not help you with details but I happen to have a piece of shop manual, from maskinisten.net, that may help. 674 had the same engine as 684; D239.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts