Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
I bought a JD Gator 855 Diesel 5 years ago Great machine use it almost every day never any issue. In September we were gone for 8 days. Went to use it and would not start. Turned over good new battery this spring. Gave it a very small shot of starting fluid fired right off and started great all day. Next morning same thing no start. Filters all clean and free of dust. Still requires a shot of starting fluid each morning. Fuel is fresh. Anyone have idea what to check? I hate using starting fluid in any engine unless last resort
Highpockets

· Registered
16 Posts
I agree. At somewhere around $30 each i would like to check other possibilities first. I will need to investigate where each of these are located. Fuse and/or relay should be simple enough. Not sure about controller. You happen to have wiring diagram or parts diagram? Thanks.

· Registered
16 Posts
I think you have a leak in the fuel system some place, it is getting air in the line and can’t suck the fuel back up and pressurize. When it starts with the starter fluid it lets it get going. Had an old ford truck, did the same thing. Water separator had an air leak. Never saw fuel leak out but it allowed the fuel to siphon back into the tank over night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts