Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey chipmaker!

Hey chipmaker!

Next time you get the urge to ask for rain...

Don't! outta here

Actually, I may get to ride this one out at the base as "essential personnel."

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Re: Hey chipmaker!

Originally posted by steventhomas42
Hey chipmaker!

Next time you get the urge to ask for rain...

Don't! outta here

Actually, I may get to ride this one out at the base as "essential personnel."

Steve
I take it your in the guard or reserves perhaps?

Yep, I have been asking myself why I have been so dam insistent and bitching and moaning about the lack of rain, now it looks like were gonna get it and now all of a sudden I really don;t care if the stuff around here dries up and blows away from lack of rain......

I think too many folks on this board has asked too many indians to do a rain dance for me, thats what I think! :D

How did you fare out during Opal back in 95 Steve..... It literally tore montgomery areaup. Nothing like on the coast but it put a big dent into it. Now would be a perfect time to rent Rodsters condo in the keys

:furious:

Later

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Chip! I meant to include you as well! I am sure we will get a good shot of rain up here in TN too.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Chief these people down his are going nuts. It took me almost two hours to get home because New Orleans is evacuating. And people are all over the road trying to get to stores to buy water and food. I cant see what all the fuss is about we will be on the west side of it if we was on the east side then i could see all the fuss. The most we will get will be 40 mph winds and a little rain and thats it. The storm loses all its strength by the time it makes it to the west side. Now Chip they will feel the the strength of it but not us.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Bring it on , Bring it on.......I just can't take the suspense anymore!...............

Your right about folks going nuts. There has been one hell of a major multi vehicle (cars and trucks) accident on I 65 northbound and they have had to bring in ambulances and emergency personell from towns as far away as Clanton.........thats an hours ride one way on a good day. They have a news person walking up and along the interstate interviewing folks and there certainly are some irrate folks, especailly when some have been setting without moving an inch for over 2 hours now............. I just came back for a look see on the overpass over I65 and it is unreal.........absolutely unbelieveable. Folks out of their cars setting along the roadside nothing is moving, a complete standstill. A pretty good stream of folks taking the hike up to stuckeys and DQ. From waht the news said, they now have I 65 shut down south bound to greenville which is a fair ways north of the previous cut off point they had earlier. It will be shut down further north as soon as the major evening rush of traffic is over.

Supposedly going to be shut down as far as Montgomery.

Sure wa a hell of a note going out there and pulling the plug on my john boat and sinking it. I stayed with it till the end though and then just stepped off on the bank........no swimming involved or need for a PFD!:furious: Heck as low as we are off the river bed, I may be needing that thing if the creek comes up like it used to with heavy rains....:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Re: Hey chipmaker!

Originally posted by Chipmaker
I take it your in the guard or reserves perhaps?
No. I'm a contractor at Maxwell and I'm in charge of some seemingly critical servers.

How did you fare out during Opal back in 95 Steve..... It literally tore montgomery areaup.
I was in Birmingham for Opal... It just made a bunch of noise and rained alot there.

We're tying down everything but the :dog: and wishing the power company cared more about these trees in my front yard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There has been one hell of a major multi vehicle (cars and trucks) accident on I 65 northbound and they have had to bring in ambulances and emergency personell from towns as far away as Clanton.........thats an hours ride one way on a good day. They have a news person walking up and along the interstate interviewing folks and there certainly are some irrate folks, especailly when some have been setting without moving an inch for over 2 hours now............. I just came back for a look see on the overpass over I65 and it is unreal.........absolutely unbelieveable. Folks out of their cars setting along the roadside nothing is moving, a complete standstill. A pretty good stream of folks taking the hike up to stuckeys and DQ.
Hmm. I saw the backup when I came out of Prattville and I turned around. It pays to know the cattle trails around here. I got from Prattville to home in just under 30 minutes.

Now if I can just find some "D" batteries, I'll be in fine shape. The DW bought honeybuns and bread, but she thought the clock radios would play using those 9V batteries we put in them.:argh:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
You mean you work on a military base and are looking for batteries? :D

So you work at MAFB. Cool. Do you work with the SSG or Dynacon by chance.

My friend that is on deployment lives in Pine Level just off Hwy 31. His wife works in Montgomery and it took her 2+ hours just to get to where she could double back and hit the back roads and get home.

I am on Dixie Electric Coop power, no Alabama Power, and I have to say Dixie Electric is pretty darn quick and efficient when it comes to restoring power. When we get (used to anyhow) bad storms in the summer down here and a power outage was reported it was n ot unusual to see them prowling the power lines during the storm with spot lights etc and finding out where the trouble was and jump on it just as soon as the storm was over and get it fixed. Alabama power used to take em hours to just come out and take a look with a field engineer then they send the trucks to fix it.....\

Have a good one

Roy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hey Chip i didn't know Demco was up there thats my power co also. And they are quick at restoring power out here to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts