Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while driving northbound on I-65 going to town, I saw not one, not 2 not three, but 7 tractor trailer loads of blue Farmalls all heading southbound on I-65. Odds are they are being trucked to the Port of Mobile, Alabama, for shipment somewhere in the other parts of the world.

Its not uncommon to see truck / trailer loads ofd older MF's and Ford 3000's heading northboud on I-65 from Mobile as they bring in shiploads of them from overseas to sell here as used tractors all the time, usually from England from what I was told.

Just what is this world coming to.........Blue Farmalls........everyone knows the proper color of a farmall is either red or rust!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Maybe they're blue because they're sad?
Bein' shipped out of the US and all.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Good point there CatDaddy that has to be it:lmao:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I like the red myself too, but as I understand it, IH would paint your tractor any color you like if you paid 'em for it,, even blue.:D

So Chipmaker, were these the old letter sries tractors, or the later number series, or a combination:question:

Maybe they'll live on farmin' in some under developed nation for another 50- 60 years!;)

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Re: Blue Famalls

Originally posted by Ace Schrunk
That is sad to bad we don't have the good old red any more.
OMG, Ace Schrunk! I remember you from the first couple days of the board being open back in 9/03. Welcome back. I hope to see you back more often! Thanks for posting. :D

How have you been? What tractors do you have?

Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just have a Kubota Bx2200 and my brother have dad's 1939 F20. I would like to fix it a little and show it, but that will never happen. Not to many tractors will take the over 70 years in same family ribbon.
Good to hear from you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts