Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new to the group. I have a troy Bilt tiller and the only numbers I can find are shown in the pictures. The number stamped just above the axle on the transmission case is 97033. Can anyone help me with this.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hello Cliff, welcome to the forum.

Do you know which model tiller you have? For example, is it a "Horse", "Pony", or "Junior' Model? I copied the following from Troy Bilt literature, it may help you determine which model you have by location of the serial number:

Locations of ID tag per equipment type:

TILLERS - Can vary depending on the age of the machine (see below).

• EARLY PRODUCTION tiller models, manufactured prior to 1990, do not have a model number. These models are recognized by their model name, such as "Horse", and their serial number. The serial number would be cast in the side of the transmission housing near the wheel shaft.
    *Early HORSE - Look on the right hand side of the Transmission Case, below the T-Bar.
    *Early PONY - Look on the top of the Transmission Tube, in front of the hood.
    *Early JUNIOR - Look on top of the Transmission Tube, in front of the hood.
  • MID-PRODUCTION tiller models, machines manufactured between 1990 and 2001 will normally have a model and serial number plate located near the base of the handlebar.
  • RECENT PRODUCTION tiller models, machines manufactured since 2001, will have a model and serial number sticker normally located on the tine hood of the machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Cliff, welcome to the forum.

Do you know which model tiller you have? For example, is it a "Horse", "Pony", or "Junior' Model? I copied the following from Troy Bilt literature, it may help you determine which model you have by location of the serial number:

Locations of ID tag per equipment type:

TILLERS - Can vary depending on the age of the machine (see below).

• EARLY PRODUCTION tiller models, manufactured prior to 1990, do not have a model number. These models are recognized by their model name, such as "Horse", and their serial number. The serial number would be cast in the side of the transmission housing near the wheel shaft.
    *Early HORSE - Look on the right hand side of the Transmission Case, below the T-Bar.
    *Early PONY - Look on the top of the Transmission Tube, in front of the hood.
    *Early JUNIOR - Look on top of the Transmission Tube, in front of the hood.
  • MID-PRODUCTION tiller models, machines manufactured between 1990 and 2001 will normally have a model and serial number plate located near the base of the handlebar.
  • RECENT PRODUCTION tiller models, machines manufactured since 2001, will have a model and serial number sticker normally located on the tine hood of the machine.
I believe it is a Horse. There is no id tag just the number stamped in the transmission case.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
MTD (Owner of Troy Bilt) normally offers manuals, but I don't think they go back as far as your model. You can find manuals on the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts