Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today 10/1/04 US forces stormed the Iraqi city of Samarra.
SAMARRA, Iraq - U.S. and Iraqi forces launched a major assault Friday to regain control of the insurgent stronghold of Samarra, trading gunfire with militants as they pushed toward the city center. More than 100 insurgents and at least one American were killed, an Iraqi minister said.

Troops of the U.S. 1st Infantry Division, Iraqi National Guard and Iraqi Army moved in after midnight to secure government and police buildings in the city 60 miles north of Baghdad. As they advanced, insurgents attacked with rocket-propelled grenades and small arms, the military said.

Full story here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6095119/

I wonder who finally decided to let the
"dogs of war" loose and do what they do best?
They are the best trained, best equipped and of the strongest of character. But they can't win playing the "Rules of engagement" game. I certainly do not like unnecessary loss of lifes but get this thing done by letting the troops do what they are trained for. This Blitzkreig attack is only a simple example of what our fine, well troops are capable of.
My son is with the 1st ID. He was in Samarra when they lost 5 of his guys in one day a few months back. The Rules of Engagement BS again...secure and pull back. Well you know "Payback" is in many minds over there. Payback in my mind/view is a result of not doing/letting the troops do their job so to speak. Hunt down and kill/capture all insurgents is the only way to have a stable government over there.
Personally, I loathe the political system we have that puts "popularity" in front of my sons livelyhood. I'm not talking Bush here, I'm talking the whole political system in which I hear "wrong time, wrong war". Damn't, we are talking the lives of our offspring. Simply put.......I love my son, all our troops and just want them to be allowed to do their job uninhibited by "populararity" and turn over control of Iraq thereby resulting in a lowered loss of lives. I'm off my box. I guess some will not understand, all I ask is to not disrespect the troops.
My tribute to all Vets(especially the Vietnam Veterans) is to make sure that All soldiers can come home wearing their uniform without being degraded as some lowlifes did. Wrongs were done in the past but they will NOT happen again. This I can promise on my part and I know many that feel this same way.

:usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag: :usaflag:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
HarryG,

We always said "If your going to be one be a BIG RED ONE" God's speed to your son and to all members to my Division!!
Dean

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Here's to the Big Red One ........:usaflag: :usaflag:

I just hope they do not stop at the %^$#@ mosques anymore, or call for a cease fire which seems pretty well standard OP when those militants get cornerd and are getting their ass beat!

I am a former memeber of that Division myself..1968 to 1969

1st Inf Div
1st Sq. 4th Cav
"The Quarter Horse"
RVN

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemen, Dean, Chipmaster, et al,
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am just a nervous wreck thinking about my sons situation. They are all so special. Let us not forsake them. Its happened before but "never again"

God Bless ALL our Troops.

A special God Bless to the BIG RED ONE!

“NO MISSION TOO DIFFICULT, NO SACRIFICE TOO GREAT”

“DUTY FIRST"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts