Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910, Ford 555A, JD2210
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Creek runs thru the NW corner of my farm. I maintain it best I can to keep it flowing straight thru my property and avoid it wandering out into my field.

This Maple tree fell from the creek bank into the creek due to disease and insects which had hollowed the trunk. The bank is about 15ft tall and almost straight up/down. I knew I couldn't pull it up the straight bank so dug a canal for it to slide up. The broken stump was still attached so I had to cut the tree from the broken stump and remove it in two pieces.

Morning project so I could get done before it got too hot.

First pic and last pic are taken from the road bridge that crosses the creek at the north end of my farm.

Water Plant Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams Tree

Plant Plant community Land lot Tree Natural landscape

Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Trunk Wood

Plant Plant community Land lot Grass Landscape

Water Plant Natural landscape Fluvial landforms of streams Tree

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
It would have taken me all morning just to think about a job like that!!! :giggle:
agreed…..think I would’ve worked it different too…..maybe sit on the bridge with some coffee and a breakfast taco….then go take a nap and head back out to drink a cold beer or two from the bridge in evening.

he definitely didn’t do enough planning and now he has to work on another project. Damn over achievers can ruin a good project like that😁

·
Premium Member
4,584 Posts
Man oh man! That's a lot of work! I'm sure I would have left it to nature to take care of.

Reactions: Harleyron74

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agreed…..think I would’ve worked it different too…..maybe sit on the bridge with some coffee and a breakfast taco….then go take a nap and head back out to drink a cold beer or two from the bridge in evening.

he definitely didn’t do enough planning and now he has to work on another project. Damn over achievers can ruin a good project like that😁
I've sat on that bridge many a time with a refreshing beverage.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man oh man! That's a lot of work! I'm sure I would have left it to nature to take care of.
Just around the bend out of sight on my neighbor's farm is a huge log jam. It completely changed the path of the creek and now it's cutting into his field.

I didn't want to contribute to that or get a log jam started on my farm.

Reactions: bontai Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts

Probably call over a few friends and debate how to go about doing this job over a few beers. Of course one of the friends would say something like " HEY! Hold my beer and watch this!" and that's when 911 would be called!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Probably call over a few friends and debate how to go about doing this job over a few beers. Of course one of the friends would say something like " HEY! Hold my beer and watch this!" and that's when 911 would be called!!
Exactly….that makes long lasting stories to be had from the bridge….hopefully the 911 bud survives to be there to be laughed at.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I considered doing this project during one of our frequent 4 wheeling afternoons. But refrained for the reason you described. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just downstream around the bend from the previous pics is this sandbar. We call it "The Beach". Took these pics Memorial weekend. What could possibly go wrong with this gang removing a tree from the creek.... :)

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Tractor

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a pic of myself, my Son Sheldon, my grandson Michael, standing in front of my rig "Mary Jane". I'm 70. Sheldon is 50. Michael is 30.

Wheel Tire Shorts Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts