Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I got this grille from a junked Cub that is sitting on a friends ranch, I had to cut trees & brush out of the way to get to it. It was covered with surface rust and the screen mesh was filled with moss. Here is a picture of it after 2 days in my de-rusto tank and then some light wire-wheel brushing. It is now ready now for painting. I dont see it showing up on post preview, So???????

Attachments

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Johnbron, It looks like you have indeed found a treasure! It appears to be in great condition!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Johnbron, thats not a very good looking grille, so you better send it to me ASAP so I can get rid of it for you. I'll do you that little favor. :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Merlin
Johnbron, thats not a very good looking grille, so you better send it to me ASAP so I can get rid of it for you. I'll do you that little favor. :)
:argue: Merlin I would have sent it to you but I didn`t know your address. I guess I will have to keep it now cause since I just primed it with red primer I am sure that nobody will want it. Oh Well!! I guess I will just have to put it on my Cub. :cry:

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Hey JB:

That little ole tank of yours certainly is earning its keep! Nice job and yup that is a real nice screen. Question, how many wires per inch? both horizontally and vertically. Got to try and find some mesh and a way to fabricate a replacement grille for Ellie.

Keep up the good work and your Cub is going to be outstanding!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rudi, Yup that tank has been staying pretty busy. This cleaning job has been the most rewarding though because the screen mesh would be much harder to clean any other way.

Oh, Btw, The screen wires are 5 per inch both ways.

Simple_John, No I dont have the rest of the tractor but I think I will get the hood off of it because it is in much better shape than mine. All he wants is my parts in trade. (GOOD-DEAL):jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
JB:

Gordon Trail me neighbour sort of, was looking at the pics of your tank, liked it a lot, so last Thursday I think, we went out and got some parts and he is now cooking the parts for his 189 2 way plow that he is restoring for CubFest Northeast!

Gotta go over and have a look. Going to make mine in a bit, as soon as I can get the shop cleaned up so I can work in it

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Lets see this tank

Show us some pictures of this tank.:thumbsup:
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Lets see this tank

Originally posted by jodyand
Show us some pictures of this tank.:thumbsup:
Jody
Magic, straight off of Rudies hot :flamedevi little manual page.

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/FAQ's,%20Tips,%20Technique's%20and%20Articles/Electrolysis%20Tanks/Bronson/Rust%20Tank%
20-%201.jpg

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/FAQ's,%20Tips,%20Technique's%20and%20Articles/Electrolysis%20Tanks/Bronson/Rust%20Tank%20-%202.jpg

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/FAQ's,%20Tips,%20Technique's%20and%20Articles/Electrolysis%20Tanks/Bronson/Rust%20Tank%20-%203.jpg

http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/I&T Maintenance Manual/index.html

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
johnbron
Your pictures didn't work Rudies manual page works where on his site would they be
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:argh: Thats weird that they wont work off of here. They work fine from where I have them saved. I haven`t been to Rudies page in awhile but I think the pictures are under the link titled Electrolisis on the left hand column unless he rearranged them.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thanks

Thats simple enough i have a Battery charger and the rest is easy enough to come by have to give it a try.:thumbsup:
Jody

1 - 15 of 15 Posts