Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Case JX - 75, believed to be a 2004 or 2005 model. We purchased it off of AuctionTime last fall; the tractor grinds going into forward -- to the point that the tractor is not able to be driven. I briefly searched the Internet and Facebook for any local repair shops, but was looking for some recommendations or thoughts regarding this repair?

Based out of Virginia.

·
935 Posts
If your problem involves the shuttle synchronizer (and it probably does) you can look under the cab or platform, for the linkage connecting the shuttle lever to the transmission. There MAY be an external problem with something in that area. If nothing is damaged or out of sorts there, you probably will need to go inside. The syncro in question is accessed after a split between the clutch housing and the rear main housing. It CAN be done without removing the cab, or the platform if that's what you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your problem involves the shuttle synchronizer (and it probably does) you can look under the cab or platform, for the linkage connecting the shuttle lever to the transmission. There MAY be an external problem with something in that area. If nothing is damaged or out of sorts there, you probably will need to go inside. The syncro in question is accessed after a split between the clutch housing and the rear main housing. It CAN be done without removing the cab, or the platform if that's what you have.
I appreciate it! We have in fact checked the linkage and did not notice anything out of sorts there, so we are now in the process of contacting a local repair shop regarding the issue. I appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts