Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So I thought I'd post some pics of the inspection and fluid change I did on my trans axle. Just like the manual said, on the 600 series I didn't need to left the frame off the transaxle to open it up. Sure made things a hell of a lot easier. Plus no busted bolts!!!!! Looks like they were replaced already. :party:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Looks like maybe some new tires are in your future? Other than that, everything looks pretty good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. They are a little rotted but still holding air. gonna prolly replace 'em this summer. Got to do some work around a bunch of honey locusts soon, they got some big ass thorns on em, and don't want to blow out a new tire. but there coming. the old girl could use a good wash also.:D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I have been lucky, Never had to pull mine apart. Does look like a little water in there though, may want to do a good fluid flush.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah that's what I thought to Paul. Yep I put 90 wt back in after cleaned the majority of it out. Figured I would run it about 5 hours and do a complete change again. Since it isn't that difficult to get apart. Of course I soaked everything for a week with penetrating oil before I started. But really not bad at all. The only trouble I had was the one bolt by the right rear tire on the back part of the cover. It is right under the nut that is welded to the frame for the 3 pt. That was interesting but I got it free. Hope if you every have to do yours it will go as smooth.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts