1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

Traded a Sun analyzer for some engines

Discussion in 'General Lawn Garden Tractor Forum' started by TecumsehBriggs, Mar 27, 2012.

1. TecumsehBriggs

TecumsehBriggs Master Tractor Tinkerer

Jun 16, 2011
    Picked up a Sun engine analyzer for free from an auto shop that bought a new one. Posted it for sale or trade on craigslist & wound up trading it fot 3 lawn tractor engines. One was a 20 hp Kohler Magnum, complete except for a muffler. Sold it for $400 & used the money to buy some parts & another lawn tractor. Also got a Briggs 14hp & 18 hp opposed twins. Both are complete, but the 18 needs a starter.

Attached Files:

2. TecumsehBriggs

Jun 16, 2011
    Here's the Kohler. Came out of a Gravely.

Attached Files:

3. Country Boy

Country Boy Bovi-Sapiens

Mar 18, 2010
    Good haul! I tried doing the equipment jockey thing but all I get offered is junk. Seems like folks in my neighborhood like to sell their junk lawnmowers and whatnot for a high price to unsuspecting folks.

4. TecumsehBriggs

Jun 16, 2011
    Free or cheap works for me!

Picked up another MTD lawn tractor the other day; I believe it's a 2001 Millenium with a 13 hp Tecumseh. The guy I got it from said there was an electrical issue. He replaced the battery & starter solenoid to no avail. I tightened the starter cables & she turned over. She has spark, but no gas. I'll take the carb apart tomorrow. Today, I replaced the fuel lines, filter & added a shutoff. Paid $50 for it & will put it up for $500 when I'm done.

Today, I found 2 push mowers at the curb with FREE signs attached. Pressure-washed them both & will play with them in a day or two. I'll put them up for $50 each.

Buy, sell, trade...It's what I do.