Tractor Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
About to do this on my WM50 myself. That beeping aggravates me. Also, I am no fool for spinning objects, I do not wander into pto shafts or spinning or chopping items. I'm just wondering are they putting all these "safety" things in to keep the weed smokers from killing themselves while operating the equipment 🤷‍♂️.

I don't think that the "weed smokers" are the only reason that they put seat switches on tractors......

·
Registered
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910, Ford 555A, JD2210
531 Posts
About to do this on my WM50 myself. That beeping aggravates me. Also, I am no fool for spinning objects, I do not wander into pto shafts or spinning or chopping items. I'm just wondering are they putting all these "safety" things in to keep the weed smokers from killing themselves while operating the equipment 🤷‍♂️.
It's all about Lawyer mumbo jumbo. Minimize law suits.

My neighbor's JD 1025 shuts the MMM off everytime she backs up. I feel soooo sorry for that little tractor. She is too lazy to hold the PTO button when backing up so it won't shut off. Then she never throttles down to restart. So every single time she reverses her MMM stops and she restarts it. Just try to imagine how many times that happens each time she mows.... :oops:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
It's all about Lawyer mumbo jumbo. Minimize law suits.

My neighbor's JD 1025 shuts the MMM off everytime she backs up. I feel soooo sorry for that little tractor. She is too lazy to hold the PTO button when backing up so it won't shut off. Then she never throttles down to restart. So every single time she reverses her MMM stops and she restarts it. Just try to imagine how many times that happens each time she mows.... :oops:

Does she not have a switch that she can push before she starts backing up that will disable this? A friend of mine has a couple year old 2032 JD that does the same thing but he has a switch on his that he pushes before he starts backing up and it don't die then.....My father-in-laws JD riding mower has the same thing.......

·
Registered
531 Posts
Does she not have a switch that she can push before she starts backing up that will disable this? A friend of mine has a couple year old 2032 JD that does the same thing but he has a switch on his that he pushes before he starts backing up and it don't die then.....My father-in-laws JD riding mower has the same thing.......
Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. The part where she is "too lazy". I can easily override that switch for her. But I don't trust her enough. If anything, ever, happened to the tractor after I modify it she would blame me. So I just try to not listen when she's mowing. Far enough away that if the wind is right I can't hear her anyway.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. The part where she is "too lazy". I can easily override that switch for her. But I don't trust her enough. If anything, ever, happened to the tractor after I modify it she would blame me. So I just try to not listen when she's mowing. Far enough away that if the wind is right I can't hear her anyway.

Yep.....I reread it and this is why I should not "skim" read posts after being up for 20 hours on 3 and a half hours sleep........LOL

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hmmm.... The key switch on my mower has an extra position that you can turn the key to to allow mowing in reverse. Not a JD mind you. Shows the lawn mower with an arrow for mowing in reverse.
View attachment 79306
I like that!!!! So after starting the engine you can "park" the key in that position while mowing and it won't turn off the deck?

Awesome!!!! Someone needs to show that to JD!!!

Reactions: unsquidly
21 - 33 of 33 Posts