Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow tractor enthusiasts!
By way of introduction: after some intense research & tire kicking, I 'invested' some retirement $$ to purchase a cute little red SCUT - about 160 hours/one year ago...Very well pleased with its awesome (for size) 4 WD Performance in well-accomplishing the immediate primarily focus of developing a wooded small acreage residential site for the kids and grandchildren's new 'dream' home!! I had a Blast working with/for family using that tractor!!
Now, with 2,840 hours/six years of warranty left, I am seriously preparing to use my tractor (and Silverado, equipment trailer, implements, etc), starting this 2019 season, to do more of the same for clients within an hour or so away - hopefully operating a 'sustainable business model' of a tractor services business, legally (CCB #), insured and bonded, etc.
Wish me Luck!!
Bill

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill. I'm over in Idaho, so kind of your neighbor. Sounds like a great tractor set up and best of luck with the business!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Positive terminal area connector corrosion.jpg
Positive terminal area secondary cable plug.jpg
Welcome to the forum Pontific8! Good luck with the new business venture. Sounds like you are enjoying your tractor.... the way it should be!!
Thanks, Everyone! I just had a rough week, with a great ending: My tractor had wouldn't start. The QGS relay just buzzed, instead of doing its job of giving a Quick Glowplug Start....Research indicated a "ground fault" and I got to work cleaning corroded battery terminals and negative grounding area bonds. Finally, I thoroughly checked out the cannon plugs, fuses and ....wouldn't you know.....the "fault" was "in the last place I checked!!" The secondary Positive wire (cannon plug) off the battery post terminal!! (see photo) I was Almost ready to pull my tractor onto the equipment trailer and bring it to the shop, in town (with 1+ week backlog, etc). Positive terminal area connector corrosion.jpg
Positive terminal area secondary cable plug.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts