Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a such thing? My homeowners policy will not cover my 4410 against theft. Is there an insurance company that specializes in tractor insurance, theft and / or damage?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Loyd's of London:question: I sure there is some one who will. You cant get a separate policy from your insurance agent:question:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My insurance agent SUCKS. I will be changing at the end of this policy. The policy sucks as well, it is with Pacific Specialty which is a well rated company but they are strict. Pool yes, slide or diving board no, trampoline no, dog over 15lbs no, so of course tractor??? no.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by psrumors
Is there a such thing? My homeowners policy will not cover my 4410 against theft. Is there an insurance company that specializes in tractor insurance, theft and / or damage?
The first, best, and cheapest option is to use the John Deere tractor insurance if you used the Deere financing. They offer VERY good and reasonably priced tractor insurance for the length of the loan. Once it is paid off, the insurance goes away.

If you paid cash..............first off let me shake your hand! :D ;) Cash is always the best way to go. :thumbsup: I would check again with your home owner's insurance and verify their claim. Some insurers will not insure and tractor that size and hp. My former home owner's policy with Armed Forces Insurance would insure my 4410 but only on MY property. You will have to check around with various insurers to find out who will insure what.

When I purchased the farm, I needed farm insurance and Armed Forces did not issue such policies. The only option I had was to go with Farm Bureau Insurance. If you insure your primary residence with them; they can issue you a policy rider that covers your 4410 for pretty much most perils.

How many acres do you live on? If you have enough land; I would think you could get a farm policy instead of a homeowner's policy. Best bet is to give Farm Bureau a call and ask them what they can offer you.

The best insurer out there in my opinion is USAA and I will most likely be switching back to them when I get moved to the farm. They issue farm policies but ONLY if you live on the farm as your primary residence.

Farm Bureau charges me $260 for the coverage of my 4410, Land Pride RTR1558 tiller, LR 1584 landscaping rake, PD25 phd, and 430 FEL.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ditto on the JD insurance. I paid something like $120 for a policy that covered the entire three year finance period. This covers it for theft, fire, acts of God, damage during transport, and collision. Nothing else I found even came close.

My homeowners policy (Amica) wouldn't cover it for damage during transport or any sort of human caused damage. For example, if a tree blew over in a windstorm Amica would cover it, but if I was logging and felled a tree on it there would be no coverage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts