Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tractor is having electrical issues. It’s burning up the fuel shut off solenoid. So I put a test light on the positive side of battery and started pulling fuses to see which one would make the test light turn off. So the ignition switch fuse turned it off. I took the dash off and started looking for bad wires or bad ground. Didn’t find any. So the tractor was having bad starting issue I got a new starter to see if that would help but it didn’t. Fuel solenoid shutoff wiring is still giving power. If you have any advice or ideas they would be greatly appreciated Thank you
I also changed the relay for the solenoid

·
Registered
939 Posts
Your tractor has a "pull" circuit to momentarily open the fuel solenoid for starting when you initially turn the key. It then switches to a "hold" circuit to hold the solenoid open. It takes more power to open the solenoid than it does to hold it open.

I suspect that you are burning solenoids because the pull circuit is not releasing after start. If the pull circuit is applying power to the fuel solenoid full time, it will get the fuel solenoid very hot and eventually ruin it.

Did you see any error codes??
25—Pull coil fault—Will display when there is an error with the fuel shut off circuit, see a John Deere dealer.
26—Hold coil fault—Will display when there is an error with the fuel shut off circuit, see a John Deere dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your tractor has a "pull" circuit to momentarily open the fuel solenoid for starting when you initially turn the key. It then switches to a "hold" circuit to hold the solenoid open. It takes more power to open the solenoid than it does to hold it open.

I suspect that you are burning solenoids because the pull circuit is not releasing after start. If the pull circuit is applying power to the fuel solenoid full time, it will get the fuel solenoid very hot and eventually ruin it.

25—Pull coil fault—Will display when there is an error with the fuel shut off circuit, see a John Deere dealer.
26—Hold coil fault—Will display when there is an error with the fuel shut off circuit, see a John Deere dealer.
Hey thanks, no my display didn’t show any codes. Yes the pull circuit is pulling power as soon as I connect the battery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12264B28-D3CD-4B8F-B046-693510FEAE5B.jpeg

heres a photo my ignition switch is off and cable for solenoid lit up

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Defective timer. There is timer to energize the "pull" relay. The timer function only lasts about a second or so. Just an electrical "pulse" to open the valve, then the "hold" function holds it open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Defective timer. There is timer to energize the "pull" relay. The timer function only lasts about a second or so. Just an electrical "pulse" to open the valve, then the "hold" function holds it open.
Where would I find that timer so I can replace it thank you

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I was hoping you would find it with the other relays. It may be built into a circuit board behind the cluster. Follow wires from the "pull" relay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts