Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First version of a simple FAQ. 9/16/03

1. Why create tractorforum.com?

To build a place where there are no "clicks" or setup limitations with regard to space, size, and location of messages. Tractorforum.com has the ability to allow users to view select messages, catagories, offers auction/classifieds, easy picture/video postings, custom avatars. signatures and keep track of all of your posts and how many # a message has been viewed. It is truly the future of forums, here today for you!

2. Can I become a moderator for this board?
Sure, just submit your information and area of interest and we will review it and get back with you ASAP.

3. Is this some kind of "wannabe" site -- or a lame attempt to wreck other established sites?

Not at all. We are spending our own personal $, time and investment to make this site work. As professionals and avid tractor guys, we know better than trying to "imitate" others. We forge the path. If you can make something, make it better, and more organized and offer people a faster, more colorful and exciting experience, then why not do it. If that qualifies as "wannabe" --- then I guess must be. Better does not equal bad.

4. Any dues or fees for such a nice site?
Nope, free for your usage and posting. We will be accepting donations (as a one-time voluntary offering) after we get the site completely setup and in place. Remember we just launched it on 9/15/03. :)

5. Can we add this section, that section, this catagory?
Sure, just email and we will add whatever you feel makes more sense for your specific area of interest and/or model.

Thanks so much!
Andy & Clint - Tractorforum.com Admins

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ease of posting pics

You guys have done a great job. I am a convert from Gardenweb and was a little sceptical at first, I spent 10-15 minutes in here and now I know you guys have it right!

Just the ease of posting pics will make a lot of people converts.

Also, its nice to be able to filter by brand preference and get a good honest opinion of peoples likes and dislike.

Only thing that is missing is a place to bash other brands. In gardenweb, most posters simply due it to get a rise out of the group, but at the same time, it gives us all a good laugh. My suggestion for a name if you decided to have an area would be the "Battle Royale"

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Ease of posting pics

Originally posted by leolav

Just the ease of posting pics will make a lot of people converts.

[/B]
:confused: Where doe`s it show/tell us how to post pictures and especially the different methods for us to post?. I read a post on gardenweb where somebody said you could post a picture here without needing a URL:confused:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
johnbron go down to tractor pictures on the main page and open it then open how to post pictures.
Jody

·
Administrator
12,412 Posts
Just looking at this thread and pretty amazed at how far we've come since then! As of today, we're just shy of 16,000 members and growing!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just joined a little while back and I am finding my way around pretty well. I'm not much when it comes to computer talk, so sometimes it takes me a couple of tries. But, I'm getting there and I enjoy what I'm seeing. Just saw some pictures of some beautiful mountains which I enjoy. Being from central Delaware, the highest hill we have it at the landfill area. Kind of hard to enjoy though, due to the smell and the sea gulls filling the sky. I enjoy the forum and hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts