Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I might be about to make some of ya'll jealous but I'm about to let you in on one reason I love my job:
Today I spent the day on a couple of tractors cleaning out our cow yard where they had wintered for about 5 months, it had a hay pack about 4 ft deep loaded up with cow manure. I would load the spreader with the 495 and loader and then hop on the C60 to spread. Turn the key and 50 eager stallions come to life straining in the traces ready for work, light tap on the throttle and ease out the clutch in 1 hi, ease the trottle down gradually, revs come up 1200, 1500, 2000 RPMs and the only sound is a hollow whoosh from the fan, I'm through the gate, ease up on the throttle go to 2cnd drop it to the mat, up the grade through the second gate onto the drive way, revs at 2200, ease up go to 3rd drop the hammer, wave to my kids as I go by the house out the driveway, ease back pull onto the road and a quick left into the field, ease up, down into 2cnd, hold the revs at 1800, up the hill, head into the little opening between tthe trees, back off the throttle, let the engine hold back down the hill, hold 'er steady at 1800 across the wet hole, out the other side go down to first and ease the PTO into gear, set the hand throttle to 2000 for PTO, make my circuit to unload and it's back to 2cnd gear, a little slower this time across the wet hole so the spreader doesn't bounce so much, up the hill weaving between the tree branches, down the grade to the road, right turn, hamer down, 3rd gear, 4th gear, ease back, quick left into drive way, wave at the kids again, pull the range divider into neutral as I slip through the upper gate, hold the brakes a little, through the yard gate, across the yard and a hard left toward the fence, ease to a stop and slip into reverse 4, back into place for next load.

Repeat this about 15-20 times and you know how my day went,,, GREAT!!!:D

Sorry for the length of my ramblings but I just had to share and figured you guys would understand what I'm talking about.;)

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by johnbron
Partsman:, If I understand your post correctly from what read I think you enjoy spreading Crap.:D Hee-Hee :D [/B]

Johnbron, sure do!!! But only from a tractor seat.:D

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
spreading it

I agree with parts man ,you are spreading a lot of crap! And it seems like you are real,real, good at it.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts