Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, Does anyone know where I can find a manual that has torque values for engine, transmission and differential? 1952 MH 22.

thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
81 Posts
manuals are all over.....just look......go to yesterdays tractors .com they have manuals....if not theres always ebay or tractor shows

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the parts manual and the service and repair manual. Neither of them have torque values. Is there another manual that Im missing?

·
Registered
977 Posts
steve
i'm sure i have those specs i'll make a note for myself to look see tomorrow i forgot about it today once i got out to the shop

·
Registered
977 Posts
had to go out tonight see what was bothering the dog so i checked......cylynder head and rod and main caps 3/8 bolt or stud 45 ft pounds.. 7/16 bolt or stud 75 ft pounds
no torque values for trans and diff just the clearances and those should be in your service manual

·
Registered
317 Posts
Offical Massey owners manuals have all the toqure spec. for the engine. Not sure about for the trans and such. It owners manuals for the masseys are a treasure trove of information including such things as tire wear patterns because of weight or the lack of it along with improper tire presures.
:D Al

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm.....ok, Im asking because the large nut on the input shaft to the transmission backed off some. I know that it needs to be peened ? into place once the torque value has been achieved. I guess my attempt to lock it into place wasnt enough. So as I go through taking out the drive shaft and all that to retighten the nut, I wanted to get the torque, if available. Its not in my two manuals. Anybody have any thoughts where that might be found?

:bigusa:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Only place I would even guess is an offical massey dealer service manual. Nope I don't have darn it.
:D Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts