Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm new to the forum and could use some advice. I'm grateful for any help you can offer.

I have a 10 year old Toro Timecutter Z4200. It's a zero turn type mower. It starts and runs great but won't go forward or backward. I had to get a new battery this year, the old one lasted 10 years! When I started it for the first time this year, it started great but would not move forward. Before replacing the battery, I tried to jump start the battery with a generator, that didn't work, but maybe I blew a fuse or something?

I have spent almost the whole day watching videos, looking at forums for ideas. Now it's almost 10:00 pm and still looking for solutions.
I have propped the mower up and taken off the wheels, checked the drive belt, removed the clutch, taken the belt off and inspected the pulleys to ensure there are no obstructions. I have checked the bypass lever and it is in the correct position on both sides. The parking brakes engage when I move the control levers/arms out but when I sit down and bring them in to be able to push them forwards/backwards, the brakes disengage as expected.

I heard somewhere it is very uncommon for both transaxles to fail at the same time, so I am guessing there is something else going on.

It's been a great mower and appreciate any advice and ideas you might have on how to get it working again!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Does it roll freely with the brakes released? If it does, the bypass levers are disengaged. The levers should be all the way forward at the top of the transaxles. Don't trust those thin little wires to push them all the way forward with the corrosion/debris that builds up on a 10 year old machine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.