Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fabricated a toolbox for their JD 4x10 series tractor? I really want one on my 4310 since the factory one is way too small and I'm tired of tools rolling around underfoot when driving around. I was gonna mount one behind the seat but when the backhoe addition killed that option. I'm thinking a toolbox mounted on the front grill guard where the add-on weights would go would be fairly easy to do. Has anyone done this? Anyone see a downside to that location? Or, any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
My grandpa is looking for one to mount on his 4100 would anyone know a supplier? I would imagine you could. Just get some sheet metal and a press break and rivet one together if you dont care about the looks.
:eek: MG i think I just answered my own question:D
Ryan

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by GreenMtnMan
Has anyone fabricated a toolbox for their JD 4x10 series tractor? I really want one on my 4310 since the factory one is way too small and I'm tired of tools rolling around underfoot when driving around. I was gonna mount one behind the seat but when the backhoe addition killed that option. I'm thinking a toolbox mounted on the front grill guard where the add-on weights would go would be fairly easy to do. Has anyone done this? Anyone see a downside to that location? Or, any other ideas?
I've got the same problem on my FNH1715...I've looked at the front, behind the seat...everything has its limitations. Finally decided to fabricate on under the floor pan that opens out like a door.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Can you clamp something like this to the lower part of the ROPS? I was considering suggesting drilling a hole in the ROPS just to really stir up the pot but I decided no. :D ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking one of those Cordura nylon tool bags might be just the ticket. Rig up a hanger and you could hang it off the front or rear of the tractor or even set it on the floorboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts