Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or so I was told. Hunter's Choice is gone. I sold her today and I sure was not all happy and excited about seeing her go. We were so excited when I first bought this boat and we sure did have a LOT of fun on it. Lately with my health and bad headaches; we haven't had it out on the water once this year. I am told the 2 most happy days of a boat owner's life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it. I think I made the right decision to sell her but it sure was NOT the happy event it was "supposed" to be. Almost brought tears to my eyes to watch her get pulled down the driveway for the last time. I still have the Whaler and maybe I will take her out and do some fishing this week. Between helping my friend get ready to go to Iraq and selling the boat; I have been busier than a 3 legged cat in a sand box. Sorry I haven't been my "posty" self as of late. We have a lot of very stressful and emotional events going on right now. The next emotional event will be moving from our home and setting up house in our new home and farm if all goes as planned. It sure is a strange thing how we can get so attatched to a material place or thing, because in the end that is ALL it is........ a material thing. We won't take one material thing with us when we leave this world. I am laughing a bit at myself on that account. I wish my friend Jim, my former boat, and its new owner God speed and good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Chief…
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. I’m sure you know the
story behind the boater selling the old boat. He’s happy
because the sale allows him to buy his new boat. Well there
are other possibilities. The sale can make getting something
other than another boat possible, or alleviate boat payments that
prevented something else.

There’s an upside here, you just need to look at this a little bit
different. Sometimes we need to reflect on the big picture and
take stock of where we are. I don’t know much about you but
from what I do, there’s a lot to be proud of. So turn you sights
on what’s ahead, deal with the bad, create your own good, and
move on. You still have a lot to offer yourself and those around
you.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't mean to sound so glum. ;) I feel very forntunate and blessed. The Good Lord has been very generous to me and I am humbly greatful for all he gives me and runs my way. The boat was paid for but I will now have the Deere paid for and be hopefully closing on a beautiful farm and house in the near future which we plan to move into. I definitely have my sights set on a long held dream of a Bed & Breakfast. The wife and everyone around here agrees that the Whaler is a much more managable and most of all enjoyable size boat for me and I just need to get it out and go for it! :D army In anycase, aegt5000; your words of encouragement are VERY much appreciated.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Chief,

Remember how you felt when you brought your boat home. The little things you did to make it really "yours". The trips you planned, and the ones you went on? Well, you have given the opportunity to someone else to have that feeling, and make their own memories. And also assure the boat will be maintained and "on the water" where she belongs.

I got my first boat, a 17' JetCraft aluminum jet boat in '96. I used it on the rivers for steelhead fishing, Puget Sound for salmon and bottom fishing, and the lakes for bass and trout. I shipped it to Japan in '97 and used it for ocean fishing in the Sea of Japan. It was supposed to be my last transfer but when I was sent back to Seattle in '99 I had to sell it. That was really tough. But as soon as I got back, I got my BW Dauntless.

You also have that great BW to go fishing in. You probably haven't been doing right by it lately, but now you can.

I remember when we moved to our current house from the place we owned for 22 years. It was the first house my wife and I bought after getting married. We moved to Japan twice, '86 to '90 and again '97 to the end of '99. We leased the house both times and had it to come home to. We eventually wanted a littler bigger house and lot, farther out in the country and so we bought our current place 4 years ago. It was very strange waking up in the new house for a while. But, it wasn't long before we were doing things to make it "our own" and we love it.

You are able to experience a lifestyle that is the envy of most. And when you open your B&B you will give others not so blessed a sample of the "good life".

Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of yourself 'cause in the end all you need is your loved ones and good health.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I knew what you were gonna post even before I opened up the post, just from seeing "happiest day of my life" and the forum it was in "Boating" I just knew you sold your boat. Been there done that and I agree 110%. As much as I like a boat I prefer riding on someone elses:D

The same thing goes with horses for me. It was a great day when the last hay burner left our property. I enjoyed fooling with them somewhat, taking a trail ride etc, but after they were gon and the savings account started to come back up there was no doubt in my mind I'll never have another horse on my property. I much prefer a ATV turn the key and go, finish using it park it and walk away, no routine hoof work, feeding, bedding down and high dollar vet bills for shots and care etc.

Sorry to hear your not feeling all that good, and hope things get better...

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
too bad about the boat.. at least youve got the other one to take out.. id guess the whaler would be easier to lug around than your other boat...

Maybe once you finally get moved out to the 'ponderosa' that will help your head aches also..
Id guess if you wanted to, you could easioly find a quiet spot..

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sounds like you've made a difficult, albeit reasoned decision, Randy. Now you will have one less big item to maintain, and have more time to work on your new property and home. Hope you get to feeling better. :)

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words guys. After having slept on it; the wife and I both realize selling the boat was the best thing. The new owner called me this morning and was very appreciative of the preparations I made on the trailer for him and he said it pulled like a dream. Took him over 60 gallons of gas to get home with it. The wife took off first thing this morning to pay off the tractor. Now to start paying off the farm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts