Tractor Forum banner

Tires pointed out

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  oxicottin 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a TC18 and put new tires all around and drained and put new oil in front axil and hubs. After cutting grass a few times my wife notice the tires are pointing out and it's wearing on one side of the tire because as little knobbies are gone or off. When I bought this last year I don't recall the tires pointing like that so what did I do or how can I fix this?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

See less See more
#4 ·
Tie rod ends are shot. replacement time. Are the wheels tight on the hubs? You need to lift the front end and check the play in the tie rod ends. Hopefully, you aren't running in 4wd mowing.
The tie rods appear to be fine, I lifted the front end and tried to maneuver side to side and there isn't any play. Isnt adjusting the tie rods for toe in and out? I have wear where the yellow is marked and the tires are pointed out show by the red arrows.

#6 ·
Yes they are the same size tires but different brand since the ones on it weren't made anymore. If I take the tires off then the plate the rim bolts to is still at same angle. I did however notice if I place the steering wheel straight then I have toe in/out on the tires but that doesn't say why its at that angle?

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

#7 ·
Ok I adjusted the tie rod on both sides because one tire was pointing one way and the other wasn't straight either. after doing that my tires are straight with the back and barely tilted like before. I don't know but as of now it looks correct. Time will tell.....

Thanks,
Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.