1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
It looked like it was past time to hog:D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
You were WAY past hoggin' time! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: That is what a lot of areas look like on the farm. I gotta get started on that soon. What kind of rotary cutter was that?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cutter is just rebuilt land pride that all the flat metal was replaced except the H and power head.... 72" that seems to chew up the scenery just fine since I took it upon myself to do the rebuilding or buy a lesser product..

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Great job Ernie, That really looks good after the hogging. I figured when I saw the thread name that you would have some pictures of a hog operation :D :D I sure guessed wrong.

Hey Chief, An idea for buying a fairly good Hog if you do not mind used is to check for local auction houses that handle AG equipment and vehicles around where you are living. My neighbor Dan just recently pick up a 2 year old Bush Hog brand rotary cutter for under $750.00 Just a thought in trying to save you some money.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael, I just did the sides and all the flat metal on this land pride and the cost was not counting my labor of welding and wire and sticks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Michael, I just did the sides and all the flat metal on this land pride and the cost for just the 8" channel and 3/16 flat was $480.. So your used hog is a good deal indeed.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by Michael
Great job Ernie, That really looks good after the hogging. I figured when I saw the thread name that you would have some pictures of a hog operation :D :D I sure guessed wrong.

Hey Chief, An idea for buying a fairly good Hog if you do not mind used is to check for local auction houses that handle AG equipment and vehicles around where you are living. My neighbor Dan just recently pick up a 2 year old Bush Hog brand rotary cutter for under $750.00 Just a thought in trying to save you some money.
Thanks Michael, :thumbsup:

I have been keeping my eye on all the local auctions and papers. I am bidding my time in hopes that something will come along at the right price.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chief. if at all possible look into a Land Pride rotorary cutter used or new... The one in the picture is 10 yrs and never comes out of the elements. So between the rains, salt air and the acids from the assorted ground cover that has been cut the main part of the deck finally rusted through. The power head has about 6000hrs since last replaced when sewer drain and cutter met in a field my supervisor at the time was mowing... Other than that it is very dependable and strong.. Just a good piece of equp. to own or use in or on unimproved fields.. My next recc. would be a Bush Hog brand ..A little liter duty but a good investment if it is taken care of, which I am sure that you maintain all of you equipment...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow, Ernie and I thought I was behind!!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Carm
Wow, Ernie and I thought I was behind!!!
Carm, the hurricanes the rain and still area's I cant get to because still flooded out... Just getting started though, about 300 acres and 5miles of roadway as in blvd which I will cut myself to keep the bosses happy and to make it look mowed instead of hogged. :D

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Ernie,
I had no idea you were a "Man of the Weeds":spinsmile
We have weeds in Green Country (OKIE) too but pale in comparison to yours , did you presplit some of those with a log splitter first!!

Nice job on the Welding!!!!

Dean

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My chain saw ran.... Thats why I rebuilt the Land Pride onl the rear end is extensively diff> Square instead of original round . Had no way O makeing that curl out or 1/2 cold roll...
Those weeds are called Dog Fennel here and it does smell like fennel when in full pollunating stage now however is where it gets its name Dog as in wet Dog:furious: Lots of seat time now which is good. Right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts