Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -- George S. Patton

I don't know how well he worked and played with others in peace time but in time of conflict he seemed to be a guy to have around!army

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Not to inject any disrespect for the mighty Patton and his tanks, but this Thursday is pay your bills now, Thursday!

My thought for today is that my paycheck deposit hits my bank every other Thursday evening --- tonight is the night --- I get to pay for all of those last week jitter nights on my vacation! ARRGGH! There goes paycheck #1 out of the door ladies and gentlemen!

Good point there, Stewart

:flowersmi

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
fight for something... live for nothing... Depending on how you read it, it is good or bad.

The fight part. If you read it literally, why must we "fight". You can (sometimes) embrace an enemy and meet a nutural playing field without fighting. If not literal and it is more of an emotion or relation to a action and not fighting as in standing up for something... that would be more of the good side of it.

Live for nothing... Again, could be a good thing or a bad thing. If you live in a shack in the mountains alone and away from everyone. Is that living for nothing. One might say you are a nature lover and that is what you are living for, but maybe you just hate people. If you wake up everyday, take walks and stare at the creek, mountain, animals, etc... it could be living for nothing, but it could be living for nature.

I propose...

Better to represent something, than to not embrace anything. -- Toba, 2004

(Just messing around LOLL)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts