Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here and to tractors for the most part. I hope someone may be able to shed some light on a problem I'm having. I bought a farmtrac 535 with a FEL and a 6 ft shredder to use around my small piece of land about 6 months ago. It has worked great. Recently I took the shredder off and installed an auger on the three point. I haven't even used the auger yet, but immediately after installing it, my three point will not raise using the lift lever? It's as thought the lift/position lever is not connected to anything! The hitch will raise if I pull the draft control back far enough, but the position lever does nothing, regardless of draft lever position. Also the FEL functions normally. When installing the auger, I did mount the lower brace to the lift arms, then manually lifted the brace (and arms) to slide the pin into the main beam of the auger. Is it possible I messed up an internal linkage when I man handled the lower lift arms!!??

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the 435 and when I used an auger for a neighbor it seems that I had to change the linkage to make it work. I doubt you could "manhandle" it enough to mess it up--it's pretty heavy duty I'm some what new to tractors also and really do not understand the relationship of the draft and lift handles. However, on mine the draft lever must be up at least 1/2 way to get the maximum lift from the lift lever. Hope you got it. If so, let me know what the solution was--just in case it happens to me.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
Sounds a bit odd..... by the looks of the photos that you attached, everything should work fine. Are your lift arms at their full height when you are trying to lift the auger? Remove the auger and try to work the 3 pt hitch and see if it all works as it should. Then see what happens when you install an implement. Make sure you don't have a stay rods installed to keep the 3 pt at a specific position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts