Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had gotten a set of new chains one year that I was going to use my 224 to plow with, and only used them one year. Well I just orderd a set of bar type tires for it from Tucker tire, and wondering if you think they will fit? I am keeping the same size,[23 8.5x12] but wondering if the change from turf, to bar tread, will make a diference.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Paul, now I am no expert on GTs but seems to me that your tire size 23 inches overall heght and 8.5 tread width on a 12 inch rim should be a match... thay may go on easier than the turfs because of the lower spaces between the bar tread... Just a thought. Hope all works out ok:thumbsup:

ps. you actuall may find them being a litte loose fitting?????

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not yet. Tires were suposed to be here last week, but they did not show. Looks like today is the day.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well Ya, but I think we have MUCH more winter waiting for me here. Only one real snow so far, so I assume a lot waiting in the wings. BTW I got the tires yesterday, and mounted on the wheels at work. Now I just need the time to put them on the tractor.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I saw the new thread... They look good on your log splittin tractor...Well keep us up to date on the chains..

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I will. I wanted to try the tires first without them, to see how it works. I may, if I have time, try to mount one up this weekend as kinda a "Just to see" thing. Did pretty well without them though, so maybe I will not need them.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I take the splitter off when mowing season comes around. Put it on in fall, and use it to split till the grass starts growing. To big, and bolky to keep on all year. It is HEAVY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts