Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was first published in a Blog, I didn't write it but I agree with every word!!!!!!!!!
Dean

They're Called Security Rounds
Its a safety issue pure and simple. After assaulting through a target, put a security round in everybody's head. Sorry al-Reuters, there's no paddy wagon rolling around Fallujah picking up "prisoners" and offering them a hot cup a joe, falafel, and a blanket. There's no time to dick around in the target, you clear the space, dump the chumps, and moveon.org. Are Corpsman expected to treat wounded terrorists? Negative. Hey libs, worried about the defense budget? Well, it would be waste, fraud, and abuse for a Corpsman to spend one man minute or a battle dressing on a terrorist, its much cheaper to just spend the $.02 on a 5.56mm FMJ.

By the way, terrorists who chop off civilian's heads are not prisoners, they are carcasses.

UPDATE: Let me be very clear about this issue. I have looked around the web, and many people get this concept, but there are some stragglers. Here is your situation Marine. You just took fire from unlawful combatants shooting from a religious building attempting to use the sanctuary status of their position as protection. But you're in Fallujah now, and the Marine Corps has decided that they're not playing that game this time. That was Najaf. So you set the mosque on fire and you hose down the terrorists with small arms, launch some AT-4s (Rockets), some 40MM grenades into the building and things quiet down. So you run over there, and find some tangos wounded and pretending to be dead. You are aware that suicide martyrdom is like really popular with these kind of idiots, and like taking some Marines with them would be really cool. So you can either risk your life and your fireteam's lives by having them cover you while you bend down and search a guy that you think is pretending to be dead for some reason. Also, you don't know who or what is in the next room, and you're already speaking english to each other and its loud because your hearing is poor from shooting people for several days. So you know that there are many other rooms to enter, and that if anyone is still alive in those rooms, they know that Americans are in the mosque. Meanwhile (3 seconds later), you still have this terrorist that was just shooting at you from a mosque playing possum. What do you do?

You double tap his head, and you go to the next room, that's what.

What about the Geneva Conventions and all that Law of Land Warfare stuff? What about it. Without even addressing the issues at hand you first thought should be, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6." Bear in mind that this is a perpetual mindset that is reinforced by experiences gained on a minute by minute basis. Secondly, you are fighting an unlawful combatant in a Sanctuary which is a double No No on his part. Third, tactically you are in no position to take "prisoners" because there are more rooms to search and clear, and the behavior of said terrorist indicates that he is up to no good. No good in Fallujah is a very large place and the low end of no good and the high end of no good are fundamentally the same... Marines get hurt or die. So there is no compelling reason for you to do anything but double tap this idiot and get on with the mission.

If you are a veteran then everything I have just written is self evident, if you are not a veteran than at least try to put yourself in the situation. Remember, in Fallujah there is no yesterday, there is no tomorrow, there is only now. Right NOW. Have you ever lived in NOW for a week? It is not easy, and if you have never lived in NOW for longer than it takes to finish the big roller coaster at Six Flags, then shut your hole about putting Marines in jail for war crimes. Be advised, I am not talking to my readers, but if this post gets linked up, I want regular folks to get this message loud and clear.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Good stuff Arch.....I will say, I have seen the work of Delta and the Seals, I have seen em train and have sort of trained with them in various scenerios...I know exactly what the game is and I could not agree more on how its handled........Why loose personell that have to stabnd guard over a bunch of rabid animals, why carry cuffs or nylon ties around as extra junk to tote, when everyone carries rounds and they work just fine in every circumstance....

On one of my first outings with a group that will remain unnamed, even though it was a training mission, its classsified, so I can;'t go there, I seen all these dudes arbitraily taking care of "terrorists" with a single or double tap, usually a double tap of the trigger to the head.........I figured man thats not what supp9osed to happen.........other first timers seen it too, and after every training evolution we would have a critique......and it was brought up that some troops were basically violating the Geneva Convention in regards to eliminating some threats and wounded bad guys by shooting them in the head (actually during the exercise two rounds would be fired into the ground or wall next to so called bad guys head, and it was then you would b e declared dead........Those dudes are awesome.......When you get right down to these dudes, the writers in Hollywood have nothing on them for what they can do and actually do in real life if need be.......

I would assume a few here know about SOCOM (sp?)........and also a little creek up in the eastern seabord area opf Virginia.........mighty awesome training those fellows get...........

In these training scenerios even us bad guys got weapons and everyone used a nifty round that was acutally propelled out the barrel, and made a huge splat where it impacted..Sort of like a paint ball, but these rounds fired out of the actual service weapons, SIG 228;s, MP-5, Ber 92FS,, etc........and had a pretty darn long range to them, more than suitable for the scenerios and threats set up and usually encountered....The name slips my mind at the present what the rounds were called, but they had a colored waxy substance inside a plastic casing that was segmented, so it would fragment out on impact.....They sting like a yellow jacket wold sting like even under a couple of layers of clothes.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
2 rds to the chest and then one to the face if not sure--- be sure and you may live another day - --- the way it really was way back then-- course I am a old man -- what do I know about being politically correct in a modern war? -- those marines did what had to be done -- weinies sitting safe in washington behind a desk have no idea -- they should NEVER have any embedded new people with ANY military unit-- modern. soft people are always going to be profoundly apalled at what it really takes to fight savages -- dean we are in agreement on this I think-- bigl22

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"dean we are in agreement on this I think-- bigl22"

And to think, that some said it could never happen!!!:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Here's a thought, if our armed forces didn't take any prisoners at all, then the terrorist wouldn't have any reason to kidnap civilians and make demands to have their people released. Yep, simple remedy, off them all. Plus, why the hell should we fight by the rules when they don't. Oh, that's right, I forgot, we're suppose to be better then them. Liberal thinking if you ask me. This embedded crap is causing more problems then anything. Get the reporters out of there and let the troops do what needs to be done. Some people just don't get what they are up against over there.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
” There's no time to dick around in the target, you clear the space, dump the chumps, and moveon.org.”
:ditto:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Gentlemen..........what is being discussed here is on a REALLY slippery slope that NOBODY can stand on. The individuals that may or may not conduct such business for the "customer" DO NOT EVER speak of it. What happens during the mission stays amongst those who conducted and survived it. GOD forbid that anyone that we know should have to be in this situation and GOD bless those who may have to engage in such things. :truth:

·
Registered
12 Posts
10-4 on that. do what It takes and unfotunately it takes alot of reactionary measures to maintain life in situations like this. to be put in that role of fighting for freedom of another culture{of wich they no nothing more than violence and how to field strip an a.k. at the age of 5 and being told that dieing for religion and taking your enemies with you is a good thing} I was lucky and only saw that country in the 90's kind of a picnic of what is going on now over there and those mindless over paid fat bastards in washington should be ashamed of themselfs to think that we should play nice to a man playing dead with a frag nade ready to shorten your day. unarmed and willing to surrender is a different story. I say if he's playing dead the marine should help him along and show him the right way to do it !!!!
game over... move on to the next possum.
sorry but untill you have been in these shoes don't judge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts