Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand why people go postal anymore. I have been fighting with Cingular on a phone bill for months now. I( knowing it wasn't the thing to do) switched from Verizon this last May to Cingular. The service was horrible and i dropped them within a week. Getting them to quit billing me has been a living hell and they're threatening a collection agency. Sams club where i signed up with them said it was taken care of 3 months ago. I've called them twice and they said it was taking care of, so i go get my mail today and yep...another bill for $390.00 for 51 minutes usage.
ARGGGGGGG!!!!!!!...I am gonna go nuts with these people. I tried calling them a few minutes ago. They were supposed to be open , but it said i would have to try back at another time. Have to wait till monday to call them. I think i'm gonna go to Sams tomorrow and read them the riot act. Stay away from these clowns!

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Its ironic that its always so easy to call a number and get hooked up or buy something but try and call that companay back and complaian or to cancel or return a product and all the lines are always busy or your put on hold for hours on end and eventually disconnected........I think its some kind of conspiracy:smoking:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P71, I don't have a number with them because i canceled it a week after signing up with them. They had a 15 day cancel policy if you're not happy with it. These must be the stupidest people in the world. I give them my number they want to check my records with and then say that the number doesn't show up in their system. Well DUH, maybe it's because i'm not signed up with you idiots. I would let it go completely but collection agencys can put it on your credit report even if they are in the wrong. No more Mr nice guy on the phone with them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ahhh... Thanks Durwood! You've just given me another good reason not to have a cell phone.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Originally posted by Durwood
P71, I don't have a number with them because i canceled it a week after signing up with them. They had a 15 day cancel policy if you're not happy with it. These must be the stupidest people in the world. I give them my number they want to check my records with and then say that the number doesn't show up in their system. Well DUH, maybe it's because i'm not signed up with you idiots. I would let it go completely but collection agencys can put it on your credit report even if they are in the wrong. No more Mr nice guy on the phone with them.
1. Send a registered letter to them with a copy to their regulator - I can't remember it's name but it's the one Powell's kid runs. Tell them that you did the 15 day cancel thing and that they are using a collection outfit to try and extort money from you.

2. Write your state's regulator for credit bureaus (registered) Copy the credit bureau and Cingular. Tell them that the credit bureau is harassing you for something you don't owe.

3. Write a yup, registered again, letter to the SEC with a copy to Cingular's "Investor Relations Dept" and their Auditors. Tell them you want Cingular's finances investigated for fraudulent over-reporting of income. Give your case as an example, detailing all the calls and letters you have written. Tell them it's another Worldcom!!!!! Once worldcom gets mentioned the auditors at least will have to waste Cingular's money checking it out.

4. Copy all of this stuff to Wal-Mart's head office, to one of the Waltons themselves. Tell them as a friendly gesture, you thought they should know the kind of operation these Cingular folks run, and that you don't think they're the kind of outfit Ol' Sam would want running under his colors!

That should give them about six kicks in the shorts. If that doesn't clear it up, postal may be the only answer!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
file a complaint alledging that the person representing the collection agency offered to perform sexual "Gay of course" , favours,........ see where that will take you:eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
cingulair antics

well durwood , isn't this a coincidence -- I am fighting these dumb bastards also-- I droped them after 3 years [ and no current contract still in effect] last may-- tey sent me another bill -- I had sent them a short note dropping with the last bill-- they kept billing me -- in septmeber I sent t hem a long nasty letter-- i finally got thur to their rep "jesus" [ haysoos] by pretending to want to sign up fpr new service-- they make it hard to complain-- last week I got a letter from some texas collectrion agency called nationwide recovery demanding 1/2 the contested bill [ 1/2= 22.30$ ] I told them I owe nothing they said pay or it goes on my credit-- I spent an hour on llong distance with cingulair flunky and waited in vain for call back from patty hancock - collections /manager -- I intend to call her [ try to ] tommorrow I still owe nothing-- these jerks are in a slew of complaints-- i wrote a complaint to consumer affairs I will see -- I wanted to sue- but found it will cost me over $250 to start that

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, i went to Sams Club again yesterday and talked to someone different then before. He said he would personally take care of it by talking it over with his cingular rep. and it would be taken care of, no problem. This had already been done before , but i let him have his chance at it. If it wasn't the fear of having it put on the credit report than i would just ignore all the bills....Bigl22, hope you get yours straightened out soon. In this day of computers it seems all you would have to do is feed the information in there and it's done. From now on everytime i get the bill, i'm going straight to Sams Club with it. And if a collection agency comes after me then they're gonna get Sams number to call. I've had some issues with my bills from Verizon before, but one phone call always fixed it. Can you hear me now?...Yes i can!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts