Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the other forum. Just a little background first. This is from the farm life forum on gardenweb, I check it out sometimes. There was a thread about dogs killing cattle if I remember correctly. Evidently Spike has sent some of the members on vacation to Disneyland if they don't follow the rules and here is his reply to another post about animals killing cattle and what will happen if you test him:

Please note....
Posted by Spike z5 MA (My Page) on Mon, Oct 13, 03 at 18:26

If you have a problem with how these forums are administered, you can send me an email. If you purposely break the user agreement, which you have agreed to abide each time you post, you will be banned. I do not allow anyone to use these forums to give me grief undr any circumstances, ever. And if you do so, I have to assume it is your way of saying goodbye. If you are looking for a place to whine about this site, please look elsewhere.
As to the killing of dogs, etc., if you feel that you cannot discuss farm life without bringing up the subject, again, find another site. This is a gardening site. I created this forum at the request of some who were farmers. But I never was foolish enough to agree to host a forum on hunting.

Please don't test me on this, if you want me to make an example of you, you won't be disappointed. I have very little patience for childish petulance.
So if you want to discuss how the site is run, send me an email.

Thanks,

Spike

If you are cruising around gardenweb check out the farm life forum and see if it is about gardening to you?????:confused:

What is childish petulance? I might be guilty of that, I think???
Thought you might get a kick out of it!

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
It's kind of hard to put both of those words together... it kind of works, but they do stand as a bash seperately.

Petulance has a very specific meaning, so putting childish in front it makes you (or whoever)...

an immature, irritable person. Nope, it doesn't go together for this particular usage. I would say that the "tester of Spike" would be "childish" and the banner (Spike) would be the Petulance one.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
It appears Spikes remedy for handling evildoers is right out of the Third Reich training manual. I've never been involved in any of the controversal threads, but it seems to me a site administrator should excercise more tolerance than that. :truth:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Chock it up for yet ANOTHER group of people welcomed here at tf.com ---- Post if you dare or email them. Tell me what kind of forum they want and I will assure them that never will their 1st amendment rights be violated again. (whether I agree with the topic, replies or subject matter or not) --- guaranteed.

Thanks for sharing more insight into the ever-growing carnage of
both the members of gardenweb.com and their entitlements as
free citizens.

Send em here - to the land of the free. :)

Andy

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I gather, if you are pushing the limits he sets it up to re-direct you to Disney. I guess he will also send out e-mails warning you that you are being a bad boy. The farm forum is just like any other, they might get a little off topic sometimes but I don't understand how shooting a animal that is attacking or harassing your stock or pets is off the farm topic???? :confused:

I do think that you should stay close to the topic of the thread or forum you are on, Andy has done a great job setting up forums that people are interested in. Thanks by the way!
:usa:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hi
I can't seem to find the thread I started at Spikes today. It was called ( the other place ). I just went back looked for it. If anybody goes there see if you can find it.
Rod:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
I am sure "the other place" was removed by "the other admin" ---
Man, I just don't understand why so many people put up with all of that stuff over there --- I guess it all but a matter of time ---
BTW, with all of those forums at gw.com --- why is he even worried about the tractor forum???? Doesn't make too much sense to me --- seems like he would be glad to offset some of the usage and moderation issues.

I guess he likes the "supreme control" factor. :D

Andy
:alien:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
The only way Spike Finds out about anything on there is if someone emails him and lets him know. Thats why some things stay for awhile and something go quick. I'm going to post my last post there tonight or in the morning But I'm going to go out with a Bang AND TRACTOR FORUM.COM will be all over it. I will ask for my free vacation to Disney but i will ask to go to Disney World instead of Disney Land more to do at Disney World.:lmao:
Jody:usa:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Spike's " Kingdom"

I used to frequent "the other site" quite a bit a couple of years ago. Besides the constant bickering, bashing, and redundancy of topics on the forum - I tired of Spike's dictatorship and his bias. Unlike this site and others, it's Spike's way or the highway.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Make sure you send a link and make a screen shot of it for ALL to see --- We will put it as an announcement here at TF --- HAHAHA
This will be fun.

Andy

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
What web site is this you are talking about????? It sure does sound mysteriously like tractorbyenet. Stuff like that is why I boycott the web site.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Well, I looked..........didn't see much if anything about tractors. The Farm Life section was OK. I would not be able to tell if the censorship thing was an issue as you guys have already stated that any form of disagreement get deleted. The problem I have with censorship by moderators is that in MANY cases (at least speaking from my experiences on TBN) it was arbitrary, capricious, and subjective on the part of the "moderator" in the case of TBN there are no moderators; they are censors. They would censor one member for one thing and let others post what they censored another for. If you pointed that out, you got a warning. If you contested the warning; members would be arbitrarily banned without warning. I stopped posting and quit. If the members can't moderate themselves and conduct themselves with some reason and fairness; I don't like to involve myself. Tractor Forum seems like a great board and has a great format. I think more of the members from some of the other boards will be showing up here soon enough. Ducatti996 already has.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hey Chief leave me out of this one :) actually I thought TBN was the most civil along with TractorPoint !! you should see us on the gardenweb, I feel possessed....its the wild west there....

They dont have enough there(gardenweb) on CUT's which is a shame, I will still post there as well, but I dont play favorites on these sites...I just started here, my first post was under the screen name ********* which was an accident (playing around with encryption) it worked too well!!!

Ducati996

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
See I always felt more then welcome at TBN. Good group of guys over there. Only reason I am not there much any more, is that there L&G section is kinda weak, as is there vintage section.

The reason I am here, is that those parts of the hobby are coverd well, also I kind of fell in at the start,[strange sence I had not been to GW in weeks, when I stopped in and saw the link to here] Andy has pretty much given us the chance to make this site the way we want it.

So right now, you are kinda seeing a birth of a fourm. And I got to say, it seems to be coming out pretty darn good.:)

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by memmurphy
Cover your eyes Andy,
:secret:
Gardenweb.com

Mark

:mad:#[email protected]$:

Let me take a few posts away from you murphy for posting that here.... :D --- or just delete a bunch of your posts ---- that is my claim to fame right???? :D :D :D

Just kidding --- hey, it don't affect me. :D

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444
Andy has pretty much given us the chance to make this site the way we want it.

So right now, you are kinda seeing a birth of a fourm. And I got to say, it seems to be coming out pretty darn good.:)
Kinda makes you feel like a proud uncle doesn't it! I know that's the way I feel about it after having watched it grow from it's infancy.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
I used to frequest TBN quite a bit, but I soon got the impression that my two friends also got about TBN. Most of the folks there will always post a pic of their shiney tractors, not so much a speck of dirt on the tires or paint scratched on the FEL,s. I see enough of new tractors etc, I wanna see some stuff thats getting refurbed, in use and working, not shined up like they are on the dealers floor and never used. Its a sham when someone posts a pic of their tractor stating that they just took the picture after plowing 40 acres but no dust is even on the thing, and the owner is dressed in a suit and tie next to it! Nobody plows in a shirt and tie....................

I like Jodyand's plann of attack on making an exit from the other place.......I have had a few warnings from old Spike over the years and simply replied to him "what ever turns you on dude, do it" but have yet to get bounced, so some of you must have been some really bad eggs over there:naah: I guess my daywill come eventually in the GW forum with spike, but I am mellowed out anymore and not so defensive as I used to be.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Let me take a few posts away from you murphy for posting that here.... --- or just delete a bunch of your posts ---- that is my claim to fame right????

Just kidding --- hey, it don't affect me.

Andy
We have a good natured Administrator with an all seeing eye to quickly spot problems and make adjustments to pacify us demanding members. And a group of members from rich to poor, city to country folk that overall get along better than many familys.

That's why I spend bulk of my forum time here.

Mark

1 - 20 of 42 Posts