Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the gate has been completed, I am now removing the old barbwire fence (that I put in with my father back 1979) and replacing barbwire fence but I am planning on placing rough cedar pickets, about 100 feet on each side the entry.

This was are first cold snap today it was pert near hit 40 today so for the last 9 hours I have been removing the old fence and removed 7 overgrown cedar trees and have just another 240 left to cut down (where I am getting my pickets from) on the old fence line.

I'm going to be feeling every muscle tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Very nice. I see a solar panel, is that for the opener? If so, let me know how well it works. We will be putting in an entrance gate next spring and we're trying to decide whether to use solar or not.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the before picture (no so grand was it?)

It's battery operated (deep cycle) solar panel does a trickle charge. No problems getting in or out when there is a power outage.

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That looks much better Wingnut.:thumbsup: Very nice entryway now.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just over 9 tons stone the walls on the right is 6 foot and the left is 5 foot (highest dimensions). The stone quary is only 18 miles away so I am pretty luck for that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I started out and was planning on doing it all by myself the wall were going to be much smaller than they are. A old highschool friend who is mason, was looking to hire some new people (Pulity Home Builders is putting in a subdivion of 3800 homes 4 miles from me he's looking for a large peice of the action) so he brought in some day labor to see there quality and speed and I was schooled in the fine art of masontry.
So the bottom line: 2 walls 1 was 28 feet long and 4 foot high the other was 46 feet long and 6 foot high cost of $1900.

The gate that was done by anther friend of mine who does wrought iron and gates for a living, charges me $2400
The Gate is 16 feet wide remote controlled with exit sensor.
The actuator, sensor, and remotes cost was $1100 alone
(This was price he would do for a 12 gate).

I should get a kick back from these two guys, for introducing them to each other and now they have partnered on 4 other entries in the area.

A total of a $4300 investment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts