Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well cut my front lawn last night.. the back did not really need it yet...
there's something about the 1st cut of the season.. it just feels good..

Used my gator blades for the 1st time too.

The lawn was not even, some spots were overgrown, others did not need to be cut yet.. the gators did well.. no missed spots and the places where the grass was very high.. there was minimal clippings left over.. they seemed to be cut up pretty well.. with my other blades id need to sweep the high stuff.. so far gators are good by me...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I have cut mine 13 times already and you just made the first.:D Boy the grass starts growing early here or late there:D

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I had the wife cut ours for the first time last night. I couldn't even look, stayed in the house:cry:

Now today the doctor told me I can drive the GT as long as it's not pulling on my chest to steer it or hold on. Son she cut the grass her one and only time.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
thats a start:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A little GT time can be good. Always calmed me down.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well what are you waiting for go cut it again:D :winky:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Glad you got the Go-Ahead, Argee. It would be different to see my significant other on my tractor. Shes never cut the grass here, nor has she even sat on the tractor. Probably a blessing in disguise, as she would probably like it, then I would be expected to do dishes or laundry. LOL

So far, I have cut the grass 5 or 6 times, and like Chief, it needs it every 5 days or so. The grass is green, and looks alot better than it did last year. I am trying my best to follow the "no more than 1/3 the length" rule, and so far so good. :)

When the drout comes, I will be looking for excuses to get some seat time.

Greg

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
She came in after cutting the grass and commented that she enjoyed it. I said "You always do the first time":lying: I didn't mention she'd enjoy it the 2nd through the 10,000 just as much.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
The way the grass is growing here; I am about tire of it already. I get about 12 inches of growing in 5 - 7 days. Been really wet.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I did number 6 last night. Been at it for three + weeks about twice a week. The worktunes are by far the best investment I've made this year. I find them to keep the noise level down, but I can still hear fairly well whats going on around me. Now that I am used to them, I don't want to be without them.

Lawn looks really good. Just for laughs, I have a guy coming out to possibly install a sprinkler system in one part of my yard. It is full sun and isn't nearly as wet as the rest of my yard, so it tends to get crispy for that month in mid summer. If its not a small fortune, I might go for it.

Can only improve the resale value right???

·
Registered
477 Posts
Leolav- what is worktunes? Is that the stereo headphone things? I have to have my music too. I put a Discman under my seat with velcro.

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I have been actively mowing for at least a month....it seems the season started early. The real good part is that all my bare part from digging stumps and leveling have grown in full...
The pictures come from my video security system that give me both live viewing or playback in close to real time remotely ( from Work)

Duc

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts