Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have been following this for some time. It is a screwed up step in the right direction for Dodge. As usual, they tried to cut corners and used the 2500 frame. This has resulted in a large cab but the pickup bed is a short bed.

This is the only bed available for the megacab. I have a short bed pickup and it does OK but it will be my last short bed as it has been much too small for the tasks at hand too many times. Nice try but no cigar in my opinion. :mad:#[email protected]$: :mad:#[email protected]$: :mad:#[email protected]$:

I want a megacab long bed with the appropriate heavy duty frame and suspension. The Cummins is the nice but I want a long bed. :argh: :argh: :argh:

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
The only reason my next truck will have an 8 foot bed is that I can't find a 10 footer. ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that link Greg. Great pixs and I have it bookmarked now. That Dodge has some back seat in it doesn't it?

Durwood

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
After my pathetic experience with GM over my TOTAL LEMON 1993 Suburban. I have NEVER purchased another GM product nor will I EVER again. GM does NOT stand behind their products and does their utmost to weasel out of responsibility to the customer. Up until the experience, I had been a dyed in the wool GM guy. I have owned a 1995 Ford Taurus which overall has been a piece of junk but I will have to give credit to Ford for at least having made a mediocre attemp to repair and stand behind this poorly designed cheap clucker. To its credit, it is still running with over 100,000 miles. The Suburban spun the rod bearings at 14,000 miles and continually had transmission overheating problems in spite of adding an additional auxilliary trans. cooler, Magtech deep double capacithy finned trans. oil pan, and synthetic trans fluid. I traded it in on the Dodge Cummins with less than 40,000 miles on it to get rid of it before the impending out of warranty dissaster happened.

My 2002 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab,4 x 4 Cummins, 6 speed manual has been the BEST vehicle I have owned in my lifetime. It is a bit cramped for space in the back seat but is a SUPERB towing vehicle that I have pulled over 12,500 lbs. with effortlessly while getting 18 mpg and it gets over 24 mpg empty. It is a bit rough in the ride dept. but is still a joy to drive.

Here is a another link to the megacab over on the TDR website. You will need to be a member to view the article but a LOT of good info. and pictures.

2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 2500/3500 intro

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
My 1997 Dodge 1500 Ram has been the best truck i have ever owned. I bought it in 99 with 27000 miles on it and it has over 130000 miles with the only problem i ever had with it being a speed censer going out on it but thats it. It has a 5.2 liter auto im very happy with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts