Tractor Forum banner

testing attachment size

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Greg 
#1 ·
test file and picture size

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I found that 750 X 1031 seems to be a good size. I think aegt5000 tried pdf but unless it was a small file he couldn't download it w/o splitting it up. I think it wound up being about the same or maybe easier to just post each page.

It takes awhile. The tubeframe repair manual I posted was about 100 pages, one at a time!:dazed:

#9 ·
Six...
I hear you on the time. 6 minutes to upload and about 4 to download and check it on my connection. I like the zoom and multi-page ability of a pdf. But still needs split either way. This one is 30 pages and shows 6Meg total in pdf with my current settings.

I'll mark down those size settings.

I suppose there are some folks that don't have Adobe to view them. I guess it's still free on the older versions though.

Does it open up OK?

Mark

#11 ·
Mow,
I have a Jacobsen owners manual with parts list for my old rider and it is 26Meg. I tried making it a zip file but it still only compressed 5%. My computer takes 10's of minutes converting the images to pdf after being scanned. I actually think posting individual pages as jpgs would be a little faster for me. Might save a bit more using black and white.

Mark

#14 ·
Originally posted by Greg
Mark,

I got the PDF above just fine...3 pages, 2 of them side by side. BTW I'm on DSL as of a few hours ago.

P.S. using Adobe 7
Yea, the book is small enough to fit two pages at once on the scanner. Thought I could cut my scanning time in half on this one.

Still not sure how I'll end up doing it.

Congrats on getting the DSL running. :thumbsup:

Mark

#15 · (Edited)
I really like the idea of PDF files. Down load once to your HD and always have the whole thing in order rather than having to create a folder, down loading each and every page...IMO.

As they say...your mileage may vary.

Thanks, Verizon pulled through early. It's great.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.