Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used 2011 New Holland TD80D with 870 hours on it. I was pulling a small planter when it lost power and died. I bled air out of the fuel line and operated the manual pump and it restarted, but died about 10 minutes later and would not restart. I changed both fuel filters, added biocide, fuel stabilizer, and fuel system cleaner, and started it with starting ether. It ran fine for about 30 minutes, then lost power and died while spraying herbicide. I can start it with ether and set the accelerator to idle at 1500 rpm and it will idle rough for about 15 seconds at 1200 rpm then rev back up for about 6 seconds, then back to rough and back to smooth consistently. In the field it will run until it gets warmed up, then dies under any load. It has a Tier II engine with mechanical injectors.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Ur getting air in the system.. could be from a faulty/bad lift pump or something in the tank clogging the outlet tube..
U could try loosening the fuel tank cap..
But it sounds like ur gonna need to break out some wrenches..& start pulling off rubber lines till u find the "clog"..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ur getting air in the system.. could be from a faulty/bad lift pump or something in the tank clogging the outlet tube..
U could try loosening the fuel tank cap..
But it sounds like ur gonna need to break out some wrenches..& start pulling off rubber lines till u find the "clog"..
You nailed it! Thanks. I disconnected at the inlet to the lift pump and blew air back into the tank through the sediment filter (which was new). The air in the tank pushed fuel back to the lift pump so I just reconnected. Then I disconnected at the injector bypass and blew air forward into the tank and something unplugged. I operated the manual lift until fuel came out of the bypass tube and reconnected. It started and ran fine after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts