Tractor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a TC30 and the headlights don't work. I removed the metal panel between my legs where the switch is and found that the switch guts are gone. The wires and tractor side plug are there and in good shape. I jumpered the wires and the lights came on. What generic switch has anyone used to replace the (I assume) factory pull/push switch?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kind of expensive for headlights that I will rarely use. Is it a two position switch? Maybe I can cut the connector off and wire up an aftermarket switch. I know one wire is for the headlights and dash lights, what is the other one for?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
On my old Ford, one wire is for the dash lights, the other for the headlights. Two position switch, first position is for the dash lights, second position is for headlights.

·
1,516 Posts
I don't have a wiring diagram, but I believe you're already half way there. If you "jumpered the wires together and lights came on", then the rest is simply a matter of choice.

How many wires are there? Probably more than two. You can experiment a bit with your jumper wire and figure out which wires supply which lights. Then decide how many circuits you need to operate, then look at switch options.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a wiring diagram, but I believe you're already half way there. If you "jumpered the wires together and lights came on", then the rest is simply a matter of choice.

How many wires are there? Probably more than two. You can experiment a bit with your jumper wire and figure out which wires supply which lights. Then decide how many circuits you need to operate, then look at switch options.
You're right, of course. Just being lazy :sleep: I did find a 3 position (off, on, on) push, pull 15 amp switch on Amazon for about $15 that should cover what it needs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts