Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well todays the 15th.. tax day.. its always nice to give my money to the governement.. How did you guys do..

I owed money this year for the 1st time in a few years.. mostly because i refinanced and got a lower intrest rate...

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I want to say I did well. Received $17,000...but in reality, I really did a poor job in letting the gov. have my money for the year. Will do better next year.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Did ours a couple of months ago, Uncle owed us so we wanted our cash. We had to change our withholding so we don't pay too much during the year. We might as well keep our money and not let "The Man" use it interest free!:D

I hate the idea of having to stroke a check on the 15th.
:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Got some back ----- racked up too many miles on my ole' now replaced (bless its soul) 4runner and got to expense all of those for company usage etc. Fun, but it killed my truck over the last 3-4 years.

:D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
We did great! Two new dependants and their early on medical expenses equated to a nice hefty return. I guess were putting that away for a rainy day.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Finished Mine Today

I just sealed the envelopes and can still taste the glue. I don't really mind paying taxes, as I am living in the best country in the world even with all our problems. Whoopie!!! Getting a return, not a lot but a little is still better then cutting a check. Any Time I keep my return or the amount I owe under $1,000 state and Federal my system worked.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea i just mail mine today had to pay $50.00 not much but hung on to it as long as i could.:D
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
We did ours back in February....filed electronically, had it back in less than a week...deposited right into the checking account....SWWWEEEEETTTT!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
518 Posts
OH crap 2day is tax day.............................................................................................................................................................................LOLL LOLL ..............mine are done lol i get them done online shld be gettin bak lil bit of moolah lol :jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
frown :cry: :quiet: :dazed: :dazed: :dazed: :argh: :barf: :knife:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Carefull Argee, the direct deposit can be a nightmare. We had our check direct deposited; she checked on-line, and it first said that it was being processed, then it said we should get it within a certain amount of time. Then it said it was deposited into our account.

She wrote a bunch of checks, and they started bouncing everywhere. It was deposited in someone else account. We still need the copy of the return before we can see for sure who screwed up (us with our account number, or the IRS). I wont point any fingers til then, but she has had the account for over 16 years- I think she would know the account number.

Anyway, things are finally starting to get back to normal. What a fiasco that was!

Greg

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Originally posted by Fusion1970
Carefull Argee, the direct deposit can be a nightmare. What a fiasco that was!

Greg
Hey Greg, I wish that you would have said that earlier. I went along with my wife and said OK to electronic fileing. Much to me surprise we had it back also with in a week. Maybe I'm stuck , love what electroinics has done for me,comp. cells, etc. But when it involves my money I dont trust anyone. Thanks for the ammo to go forward on my anti electronic filing....

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by Fusion1970
Carefull Argee, the direct deposit can be a nightmare. We had our check direct deposited
Greg
Both my wife and I have had our paychecks direct deposited for several years now and have never had a problem. I'm sure there are nightmare stories out there similar to yours, but so far so good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm sure it doesn't happen alot. Again, not sure who's mistake it was as we do not have a copy yet. Some would consider it ultimately our fault for not verifying that the check was in there, but that would be hard to do. Besides, our lives now are full of e-mail confirmations, reference numbers, etc. Once you receive word that it has been deposited, you assume it is.

The bad thing about it is we didnt even know until we got a notice in the mail. By then, they were bouncing all over. Had we known, we could have put it in from savings before anything happened.

Either way, good luck
Greg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did ours a couple weeks ago. Had to pay about $4k federal and state. It was good to get a little consulting work on the side, but it sure sucked up our refund and turned it into having to pay up.

George W. :bigusa: gets a new Deere instead of me. :homereat:

-Deere

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Our income tax has always been filed within a week of when the deadline is for getting the W2 forms out (Jan 31st IIRC) Thats because we have yet to have to pay anything and its nice to get whats due you from Uncle Sam as soon as possible.Hopefully I will never have to pay anything.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I don't have any thing taken out of my check, I'm a family member/employee,, so I'm looking forward to the time when I have to cut a check for $10-15K,, that'll mean I actually made some money!!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts