Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to see what members here have tattoos and
if you have pics of them and any stories behind them.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I don't never had an interest in getting one. I guess if i had been in the military then i would have one.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
Why would that make a difference?
Because everyone in the military gets a tattoo:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Spike
What if they all jumped off cliffs?? :furious:
Funny you should say that because some of them do they also jump out of airplanes:furious:

·
Registered
73 Posts
yup, have one

left arm, bicep area

Got it when I was in the Marines, but I didnt get the typical devil dog or ealge, globe and anchor.

I got a dragon.

They are addicting though, I have been meaning to get another one from a design I found years ago, but havent yet

later
Mike

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
my brother was in the marines got the usmc tatoo also got a big huge grim reaper... he always thought that was the coolest tatoo.. he came back home from California and his neices saw the tatoo for the 1st time.. They loved it and said 'there's grimmy' I guess the big scary grim reaper is now a cartoon character called 'grimmy'... not so scary anymore...

:lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Been doing this military thing for over 20 years and never had the desire to get one. Got ya Jody!!!!!:skull: When Chief comes around we will see what he says as well.

I teach emergency parachute procedures as well, do I jump out of planes? NO! at least not yet..... It isn't the fall that kills you it is the sudden stop at the end! I might give it a shot someday, thye say it is a real rush, I am afraid I would like it and it is an expensive sport to get into. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Tattoo

I thought about getting my wife's name tattooed somewhere, but what if it doesn't last? Only been 35 years and I can't take the chance.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Tattoo's are one of those potential boy friend eliminators for my daughters. No offense intended to those who have them. The military guys are a different case usually. Let me just say diplomatically that some "others" I have seen just really did not do the wearer any favors. They have to have a PROPER hair cut. Any hoops, rings, loops, studs, pins, or other body piercings............scratch'em off the list too. Baggy pants worn with the underwear hanging out the top; they are gone. Just a few requirements from the dating rules list. :D :furious: :lmao:

I have seen many folks who have them later regret getting them. It is costly to remove them. The military now restricts getting tattoo's and they cannot be in site when in uniform and they cannot be offensive or politically incorrect.

·
john-in-ga
609 Posts
I was in the military, I didn’t get a tattoo nor did I ever consider getting one. No one I knew got one. Come to think of it no I knew had one. But then I was in the Army. I think the Navy and Marine guys might have been a little more likely to get them. My military days was many years ago and tattoos weren’t quite a popular then as they are today.

This is going a little beyond the subject of this thread but want to express an opinion since we are on the subject. I think the modern day craze with tattoos and body piercing has gotten way out of hand. I think women with tattoos and body piercing look cheap. I have yet to see a woman with either of these that helped her appearance. Men with tattoos don’t look quite so foolish. Body piercing on men is even more disgusting than the ones on women.

Maybe, like the opera, something went lacking in my education that would have cause me to developed an appreciation for such things. This is the USA and one has the right to get these things, just don’t expect me to respect you for it or to join you.

:cpu:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent points presented there, John-in-Ga. What is the craze and fascination with girls getting those tats just below their waist above their butt? I find them to be good attention getters
:D --- but they do cheapen it up some. :D

Good for the wild oats sowing chaps.....and fun for the rest too I guess. :D

Just imagine what that will look like in 25 years. :D HAHA

·
Registered
126 Posts
No tattoo's here, and no desire to get one. Tatoo's on women and body mutilation, er, piercings on anyone gross me out. Heck, I don't even see the need for piercing ears. How can you improve on the feminine form? All the glitz is just a distraction to me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts