1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by Michael
Target is kind of tied with Wal-Mart in my eyes.

http://www.komotv.com/stories/34123.htm

Read the attachment to see my reasons.
Wal-mart lets the bell ringers at the store closest to me. I have heard the French have their hands in the target stores. Also, target supports the gays and other far left organizations. Just stating what i heard on that, not saying whether it is right or wrong.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yeah and someone is hacking into their website really good. After the massage now some mary-jane to dope them down.:D

·
Registered
499 Posts
That Sally Ann thing reminds me of what the sleazies at Tim Horton's (owned by Wendy's) did here.

Canada has had a long-time program (since the 20's) put on by the Legion where they sell poppies to raise funds to care for veterans who are in trouble. A large part of it goes to 'extras' for people in Veteran's hospitals, prosthetic limbs and things like that. It runs every fall in the run-up to Remembrance Day (Nov 11) and everybody in the country gets one and wears it. Most people give a quarter, and it raises about 50 cents per Canadian. An equivalent level in the States would be about $100 million being raised for veterans. So, it's a big deal. It raises money and it raises awareness!

Anyway, Tim's has a program that every June all profits from one day go to a set of children's camps they set up. I'm not sure what they use to choose the kids who get to go, but the camps are something else! We have one in town here. They get people like hockey and football players and politicians to stand behind the counter and serve that day, and make a big fuss about "Camp Day" Great advertising!

So this year, the Mint decided to make a Veteran's Quarter. It has a poppy on it, painted red and was set to be released on Nov 11. Tim's made a deal with them to get the quarters exclusively for the month prior to release, and then ran a set of ads showing a vet, with his trademark blue trench coat and beret, getting his coffee and his quarter in the change, and talking about the quarters. Didn't say so, but left the clear impression you were supporting the poppy fund by getting your coffee at Tim's. I saw the ad four times before i figured out that it wasn't like Camp Day, they were just trying to skim some of the Poppy Fund money for themselves! Bastards!

It'll be a while before I darken their door again! Or Wendy's either!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts