Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any procedure help in installing an injector pump and then bleeding the diesel engine to get it to start. Tractor was gifted but not running. It needs other help, like re wiring the electrical and replacing front rims, but I would like to get it running first if I can.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Looking for any procedure help in installing an injector pump and then bleeding the diesel engine to get it to start. Tractor was gifted but not running. It needs other help, like re wiring the electrical and replacing front rims, but I would like to get it running first if I can.
The gray market YM2000 is nearly an identical machine to the YM240 US/Canada/UK machine.
Look for the manuals for either model, both on this site, and even more at the little link below in my signature.

How to bleed the lines.
How to bleed air out of the fuel system (hoyetractor.com)

For a small machine, once it's running you'll be surely impressed by it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gray market YM2000 is nearly an identical machine to the YM240 US/Canada/UK machine.
Look for the manuals for either model, both on this site, and even more at the little link below in my signature.

How to bleed the lines.
How to bleed air out of the fuel system (hoyetractor.com)

For a small machine, once it's running you'll be surely impressed by it.
Thanks for the link. I look forward to hearing it run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the image. I took a look and it seems pretty straight forward. I do not have the bushing to put back in. I will have to. Get one.

The little reservoir attached to the glow plug thermostart is broken. what is the function of that reservoir?

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
thanks for the image. I took a look and it seems pretty straight forward. I do not have the bushing to put back in. I will have to. Get one.

The little reservoir attached to the glow plug thermostart is broken. what is the function of that reservoir?
To house about 1 to 2 ounces of diesel fuel. So models are direct fed from the fuel tank and others have a cap fill top.

Fredricks and Hoye sell the reservoir. Just be sure to pick the right one of the two types you machine needs.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

For the self fill reservoir type: It's a modified pill bottle with brass fitting.
THERMOSTART TANK: Yanmar Tractor Parts (hoyetractor.com)

Fredricks shows this one is for your machine. Yanmar OE part and same as John Deere.
Tank, thermostart - HT-4460 - Fredricks Equipment Parts

After looking for the OE p/n 124460-77802 and pricing, Fredricks wins by a mile.

You could order the Deere version of CH11796, but you'll have to plug the two top fittings.
It's about $11+shipping.
CH11796 - Tank fits John Deere | AFTERMARKET.SUPPLY

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great! I really appreciate the information. The injector pump went back on without a hitch. Still a couple parts to go to get it started.
the battery tray is completely gone and I have not been able to find an image or part number for a replacement. My parts manual does not show one they aim an tell. Would appreciate any tips to finding a replacement.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Great! I really appreciate the information. The injector pump went back on without a hitch. Still a couple parts to go to get it started.
the battery tray is completely gone and I have not been able to find an image or part number for a replacement. My parts manual does not show one they aim an tell. Would appreciate any tips to finding a replacement.
There are 3 YM2000 era machines.
1. Tree Frog
2. 1st gen Red Apple
3. 2nd gen Red Apple

So, knowing what YM2000 you have really helps.

Oh, and a deluxe model too called the YM2000B

Here is the 1st gen battery tray location.
Schematic Rectangle Font Map Slope

The YM1702 and YM1720 show these common battery holding brackets. These would be forward of the radiator.

Slope Automotive exterior Rectangle Parallel Roof

Organism Slope Font Parallel Rectangle

YM2000 = YM240 US/CANADA/UK model

This would also be close to what you are missing.

Slope Schematic Rectangle Font Triangle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts