Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A georgia crematorium operator is charged with fraud, theft by deception and a heap of other charges......He would take the bodies and dump em in a large ravine back behind his crematorium, and push some dirt over them, and in return the relatives were handed an urn filled with cement dust which they believed to be their lovedones remains........His trial is supposed to start next week. He is looking at a 12 year jail term if found guilty.....odds are he will be found guilty......

A couple of years back a local mortician here in Montgomery was arrested and found guilty of basically the same thing. He would tell the deceased ones relatives that problems encountered during embalming due to certain aspects of the embalming process was going to prevent their being veiwable............so he mostly had closed casket services........he merely sprinkled a preservative powder on the bodies so they did not stink or he would reopen a previously used grave that he had sold numerous times before and buried numerous bodies in the same grave. After he had burined som many he would open it up and have all the remains relocated to a pit and burined in a mass grave.... He also would reopen a grave shortly after the graveside service or even remove body from the casket and reclaim the casket and resell it........and merely dumped the body in the vault or an open pit with the others he had in there previously....He and his gravedigger helpers had a good thing going so they thought............He also owned the cemetary so who was to question him.........Bad enough scamming living folks but taking advantage of folks at times like this is just indispicable.......He got 10 years in prison and lost his embalmers liscense.....

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
You are validating my inherent mistrust of Southern strangers. :D

I better explain I spent some Time in both Alabama/Georgia and my own Parents passed away in Florida!! A story at a later time perhaps!! It was like most would never believe the Ghoulish behavior of "Reverend's" and the like!!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Originally posted by Chipmaker
A georgia crematorium operator is charged with fraud, theft by deception and a heap of other charges......He would take the bodies and dump em in a large ravine back behind his crematorium, and push some dirt over them, and in return the relatives were handed an urn filled with cement dust which they believed to be their lovedones remains........His trial is supposed to start next week. He is looking at a 12 year jail term if found guilty.....odds are he will be found guilty......
That was the plot of a CSI show just about a year ago!!! Art imitating life, or life imitating art?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
that guy in Gorgia was sick... just dumping the bodies.. i cant believe he is only getting 12 years...

you have to assume he will not be treated well in jail or after.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts