Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RealVNC or VNC for short. You run VNC on one machine and use the VNC viewer on another machine. The viewer can connect to the other machine and it shows you the screen and allows keyboard control. (AKA Remote control).

http://www.realvnc.com/

Best of all... FREE

I have VNC on all my computers at home (3 laptops, 3 desktops). I can sit at any computer and take control of any other computer with out getting up off of my fat a$$.

I have my firewall set up to redirect the VNC port to one particular machine. Once in, if needed, inside of that VNC session, I can VNC to another computer in my house. Totally cool.

I can also take control of a computer from work to home or home to work. I have to VPN into work first, but that's not an issue.

I even installed it on my Dad's computer. When he calls and I can't help him over the phone, he gives me his IP address and whamm'o, I'm on his pc fixing the problem while talking to him over the phone.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Norton has a software program similar to this. It is called PC Anywhere. I used it when I was stationed in Honduras to obtain aircraft logbook information on aircraft on temporary duty in Panama.

I like the free price better!

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
we use a product called eblvd its pretty cheap and stable.. its about the same as pc anywhere.. We use it for remote demos and i use it for pulling/pushing files...

Remember way back... when pc anywhere dialup was all that there was... seems like a long time ago but that used to be painful.. I'm so glad Al Gore created the internet it makes life and connectivity so much easier.

That realVNC looks good im gonna give it a try at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts