Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, it was hot today. I bushhogged and cleared from about 10:30 till about 20 mins ago. Man it was extremely hot. I will be so happy when I get my stumps removed so my cutting will be easier on the back pasture. I wish there was a scratch and sniff option on this forum, I would give you guys a fresh wiff of my ripe underarm sweat. Now, that would be enjoyable! :D

:sick:

I drank over one 1/2 gallons of water today and I guarantee that I perspired five times that much! :D

I might get out and take some pics now. :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Yes it sure was a scorcher today and all week for that matter. In a way I am glad we did not get any rain or that humidity would be unbearable here. Don;t know about your rainfall in La. but its usually hot like here anyhow. Closest forecast for rain in my area is on late Tuesday or Wednesday, and thats only a 20 percent chance at that. Ben watering the heck out of the garden and grass and plants, and that drip irrigation system has definately been worth the investment. Everything is nice and green and growing good, and my last water bill since installing the drip irrigation was only 45 bucks as compared to over 80 bucks before hand....

How are you getting the stumps out......digging, pulling, dynamiter, grinding or?

Hey Admin, there are some countries that relish the smell of sweat...........camels come to mind for some reason or other, and also perfume..........hmmmmmmm., no wonder those countries get along so good!

The temp was what was amazing in the desert. I seen temps of 140's and on occasion seen the mercury hit 150.........and you could walk around with long sleeves and never have a drop of sweat pop up on you. You knew it was hotter than hades, but it sure did not feel like it. I actually used the same T shjirt for about 3 weeks daily and it never smelled...........can't go a few hours here in the states without it gagging you. even with pit spray. So with those arabs smelling as bad as they do, they sure must go out of their way in not bathing. Heck I smelled better smelling camels than some of those arabs.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
Where can you get a drip irrigator off the internet?
Ryan
Check out dripwatering.com They sell raindrop brand which is what I used, and its easy to work with and good decent quality, and free shipping as well. Home depot also sells TORO and Drip master brand and Lowes sells Rainbird. They are priced a bit higher. Request the catalog that dripwatering offers, it has a wealth of info in it, and explains it all very good.

Drip Irrigation information:

I wished I went this route years ago. All water is where it does the most good instead of on the roof and inbetween the rows of veggies and no more watering the weeds.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Chipmaker

The temp was what was amazing in the desert. I seen temps of 140's and on occasion seen the mercury hit 150.........and you could walk around with long sleeves and never have a drop of sweat pop up on you. You knew it was hotter than hades, but it sure did not feel like it. I actually used the same T shjirt for about 3 weeks daily and it never smelled...........can't go a few hours here in the states without it gagging you. even with pit spray. So with those arabs smelling as bad as they do, they sure must go out of their way in not bathing. Heck I smelled better smelling camels than some of those arabs.

Just what are you trying to say here chip????:furious: :furious: :furious: :flamedevi

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
It was in the mid to low 80's here today but we are gonna get hammered with severe thunderstorms tonight. There has also been dozens of tornado's in the path of these storms.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
We have been getting hit with storm after severe storm here in Missouri. There was at least one severe storm everday this past week except for Friday. Even today we were hit once again with yet another severe thunderstorm. There have been periods of hail, heavy rain, high winds and even tornadoes throughout this past week. And of course high temps and high humidity when it hasn't rain. Sure wish it would stay dry for a few days.

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The temperature has been 70's to low 80's but this rain is getting old. I mowed to 3" last Sunday. When I mowed today it was over 6" high in places. I've yet to apply any fertilizer. My weather radio has started to get talkative again tonight. Looks to be Tuesday before we get a break.:rolleyes:

Mark

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Well we're doing good to get out of the high 60's...we have also had a large share of rain...but alas we need it as it will aide in bringing the lake levels back up.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by admin
I wish there was a scratch and sniff option on this forum, I would give you guys a fresh wiff of my ripe underarm sweat. Now, that would be enjoyable! :D

:barf: That's just sick :barf:

:furious:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
We finally got some rain this morning. When I got up it was sort of dark grey outside and then I heard thunder. In no time it was soon pouring down rain which lasted about 20 to 30 minutes followed by a decent steady rain, which lasted about an hour, then it broke, and it got bright as all get up outside, and now the sun is out , clouds have all but dissapeared and its starting to get really muggy. Gonna be a really hot and humid day. Not enough rain to help in rasing the ponds and lakes levels but certainly the right amount to spur on new plant growth and make being outside miserable. Guess its gonna be a typical Budweiser day keeping cooled off!

My Bahai grass grew over 10 inches in less than a week. I have yet to cut my front lawn (centepede) but the new sod in the back yard (centepede) and a mix of various shade / sun tolerant fescues have been needing to be cut about every week or less.
Corn is extremely tall, but no signs of ears forming yet. Got small cantalopes forming, lots of nice green tomatoes showing, snap beans really going overboard with pods, and my English peas and spinach are history for this season. Lets just say I am over run with cukes.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
We got hammered last night. After the power came back on; the new satellite TV reciever is only getting every other channel. I hope it is the polar servo motor but I think it may be more than that.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Wow, it was hot today. I bushhogged and cleared from about 10:30 till about 20 mins ago. Man it was extremely hot. I will be so happy when I get my stumps removed so my cutting will be easier on the back pasture. I wish there was a scratch and sniff option on this forum, I would give you guys a fresh wiff of my ripe underarm sweat. Now, that would be enjoyable! :D

:sick:

I drank over one 1/2 gallons of water today and I guarantee that I perspired five times that much! :D

I might get out and take some pics now. :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Andy, you should try a Hydration Pack or Camel Back. I have a Camel Back Hawg that I got from the Army when I was stationed in Honduras. I use mine when I go hiking. I just fill the blatter up with ice cubes and then water and it lasts me the entire day. Mine holds 100 oz. of water.

Hydration Packs

These are a LOT more cheaper than the Camel Backs. I got these for the kids when we go hiking.

H.A.W.G.® Black

This is the Camelbak I have. They are great but expensive equipment.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts