Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I had blow out clearance of my featherd critters. I am now totally out of the chicken, Guinea, and Goose and Duck business.
Last trailer load of 160 assorted geese and chickens just left about 30 minutes ago, along with incubators and even two goats. I have cut my herd of goats down to 8 quality does and 2 bucks...........and of the 8 does only 3 are of breeding age. I just needed a break from all the critters. Being retired and getting tied down with having to take care of them all was just to much, now I hope to have a bit more free time.

Only feathered critters we kept is one littl mallard drake duck and our peafowl (12 of them) as they are nice just to have around the place, and their eggs are readily sellable as fast as they lay em during late spring and summer at a nice $12 to 15 dollars each! No hatching involved, just gather the eggs and put em on eggbid.com and sell em.......This past year we sold close to 120 eggs on the internet and only got a chance to hatch 3 for ourselves. Peafowl are not big eaters either and not as easy of prey for predators.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts