Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where they cut down all the trees and name the streets after them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
We're building on Schmidt and Aubry street...

Was that the name of the farmer who was trying to plant corn in our subdivision when the pavement crew came through? :)

Poor Mr. Schmidt and Miss Aubry, we're going to miss them...

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
In my neck of the woods, subdivisions are named for what was destroyed to build it. Examples: Deer Meadows, Twin Oaks, Whispering Hills, Pine Forest. etc. I actually worked on the land survey crew for Whispering Hills. We had a guy on the crew named Stan that on a good day said "Good morning" and "Good night" for his total conversation. As a joke, when we drew up the subdivision, we named the roads after Stan. Silent way, Whispering Run are the 2 I still remember. He was a heck of a nice guy, just didn't say much.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
l live in the city :mad: and l have never heard of them l don't think this city has any but it mite :confused:

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yeah I know about it, Where I live we have a road name Serene Lane it has 3 homes on it and the dang mailbox on the road on my property. The Lane is just a basic driveway. Opposite Serene Lane is Cottontail Lane and it is the same serves 2 home and required a easement thru the edge of of my lot, Just another driveway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts